Groupon Aims to Donate Half a Million Meals, Launches Taste of Groupon
Today Groupon unveiled its most delectable event of the year, Taste of Groupon: a food-focused collection filled with top restaurants across the nation. Groupon will also be donating one meal to Feeding America for every Food and Drink offer purchased in the collection, with the goal of reaching 500,000 meals donated. Whether it’s an exquisite charcuterie spread or the most succulent burger around, diners are helping fight hunger with every purchase.
“Exploring the local restaurant scene is the absolute best way to experience all that a city has to offer,” said Jay Klauminzer, vice president of local deals, Groupon. “Our Taste of Groupon collection showcases the top places to indulge across the country, and even better, we are matching every single purchase with a donated meal to Feeding America with the goal of reaching 500,000 meals.”
Some of the top spots include:
- Tulsi in New York: Michelin-starred Midtown restaurant Time called “the best Indian restaurant outside India”
- Graham Elliot Bistro in Chicago: multiple James Beard Award-nominee and MasterChef judge Graham Elliot relies on seasonal ingredients to create unexpected dishes
- Valentino in Santa Monica: one of the premier Italian restaurants, founded by Piero Selvaggio in 1972; in addition to the Michelin stars they earned, Valentino has also accrued 12 James Beard Award nominations and two wins
- Fig & Olive in New York: French restaurateur looks to the Riviera and the Mediterranean to inspire the menu at this Meatpacking-District gem
- For more information, check out Taste of Groupon in the Groupon Guide
Beginning on March 2, Groupon will also be running a sweepstakes to win a trip for two to Napa & Sonoma, including airfare, three nights at The Fairmont Sonoma Mission Inn & Spa, dinner at Morimoto Napa and a Robert Mondavi winery tour.
Groupon (NASDAQ:GRPN) is a global leader of local commerce and the place you start when you want to buy just about anything, anytime, anywhere. By leveraging the company’s global relationships and scale, Groupon offers consumers a vast marketplace of unbeatable deals all over the world. Shoppers discover the best a city has to offer on the web or on mobile with Groupon Local, enjoy vacations with Groupon Getaways, and find a curated selection of electronics, fashion, home furnishings and more with Groupon Goods.
Groupon is redefining how traditional small businesses attract, retain and interact with customers by providing merchants with a suite of products and services, including customizable deal campaigns, credit card payment processing capabilities, and point-of-sale solutions that help businesses grow and operate more effectively. To search for great deals or subscribe to Groupon emails, visit www.Groupon.com. To download Groupon’s top-rated mobile apps, visit www.groupon.com/mobile. To learn more about the company’s merchant solutions and how to work with Groupon, visit www.GrouponWorks.com
Sorry. No data so far.