Health Net Gives $50,000 to Help Train Community Clinic Enrollers in Los Angeles County
Health Net, Inc. has provided a $50,000 charitable grant to Maternal and Child Health Access (MCHA) that will help it – in collaboration with the Los Angeles County Department of Health Services – train those who enroll Los Angeles County residents and their family members in Medi-Cal, Covered California, or the county’s no-cost health care services program, My Health LA.
Health Net, Inc. provided a $50,000 charitable grant to Maternal and Child Health Access (MCHA) that will help it – in collaboration with the Los Angeles County Department of Health Services – train those who enroll Los Angeles County residents and their family members in Medi-Cal, Covered California, or the county’s no-cost health care services program, My Health LA. From left to right: Liz Ramirez, director of training for Maternal and Child Health Access, Mitch Katz, M.D., director of the Los Angeles County Department of Health, and Carol Kim, director of public affairs for Health Net. (Photo: Business Wire)
“Health Net is committed to helping organizations that serve low-income individuals residing in Los Angeles County,” said Patricia Clarey, Health Net’s state health plan and regulatory relations officer.
“We are grateful to Health Net for this grant,” said Mitch Katz, M.D., director of the Los Angeles County Department of Health Services. “We expect it will help Los Angeles County residents better understand the health coverage and service options available from the many doctors’ offices, clinics, hospitals and federally qualified health centers within the county.”
“One of the critical measures of our success is the accurate enrollment of patients into the right programs, and this grant will help us enhance the training that’s necessary to do so,” said Lynn Kersey, executive director of MCHA. “Residents are eligible for My Health LA if they are uninsured, ineligible for publicly funded health insurance, age 6 and older, have an income at or below 138 percent of the Federal Poverty Level and are a resident of Los Angeles County.”
About Health Net
Health Net, Inc. (NYSE:HNT) is a publicly traded managed care organization that delivers managed health care services through health plans and government-sponsored managed care plans. Its mission is to help people be healthy, secure and comfortable. Health Net provides and administers health benefits to approximately 6.0 million individuals across the country through group, individual, Medicare (including the Medicare prescription drug benefit commonly referred to as “Part D”), Medicaid, U.S. Department of Defense, including TRICARE, and Veterans Affairs programs. Health Net also offers behavioral health, substance abuse and employee assistance programs, managed health care products related to prescription drugs, managed health care product coordination for multi-region employers, and administrative services for medical groups and self-funded benefits programs.
For more information on Health Net, Inc., please visit Health Net’s website at www.healthnet.com.
Follow Health Net
Like Health Net on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/healthNetInc
Follow Health Net on Twitter: https://twitter.com/healthnet
Visit Health Net on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/HealthNetInc
Connect with Health Net on LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/company/health-net
This release contains references and links to other websites that may contain content that is not owned or controlled by Health Net. Please be aware that references or links to other websites are provided for the user’s convenience and that Health Net is not responsible for any such content that is not owned or controlled by Health Net. Health Net does not express an opinion on any such content and disclaims any liability in connection therewith.
- Wall Street Webcasting Presents: Wells Fargo Securities: Geopolitical Tensions Cool Down But Growth Concerns in Europe Heat Up 2 views
- Stocks tread water amid strong housing data 1 view
- Brazil’s Trade Balance Now In Deficit 1 view
- Quarterly Tankan survey shows challenges ahead for Japan 1 view
- Avnet’s Steve Phillips Inducted into CIO Magazine’s CIO Hall of Fame 1 view
- DAX Hits All-time High; RSI is Overbought 1 view
- Greek Retail Sales Show Improvement 1 view
- Portugal Trade Deficit Widens 1 view
- Teva CEO Rumors Surface, Shares Higher 1 view
- Phillips 66 Partners Revises Timing of Conference Call Webcast on First-Quarter Financial Results 1 view
|Forex Broker Spreads »|
|Most Popular Articles »|
- Radian Boosts Secure Homeownership with Job Loss Protection Insurance 1 view
- US manufacturing output strengthens, total output falls 1 view
- Sarah Stewart, Bassfield, Miss., Branch Service Leader, Receives Regions Bank’s Top Associate Honor 1 view
- Symetra Financial Corporation Names Mark Hunt Executive Vice President and Chief Investment Officer 1 view
- Tame Inflation Should Ease the Greenback 1 view
- Teva Pops on Layoffs 1 view
- Further Rise In South African Unemployment 1 view
- US Services PMI Marginally Higher 1 view
- Western Union Offers Apple PayTM as New Pay-In Option for Money Transfer Customers 1 view