Wells Fargo Advantage Funds to Hold Live Webinar on Evaluating Retirement Plan Holdings
In a webinar to be held on Tuesday, March 3, at 11 a.m. PT (2 p.m. ET), retirement plan advisors and plan sponsors are invited to spend an hour with Wells Fargo Advantage Funds‘ investing experts to take an in-depth look at portfolio construction, with an emphasis on fixed-income options.
“Retirement plan fiduciaries are required to manage investment risk for the plans they manage,” said Jim Kochan, chief fixed-income strategist for Wells Fargo Funds Management, LLC. “Bonds have traditionally served as a portfolio’s ballast, keeping the ship on an even keel during stormy times. But in an era where we’ve seen unusual events occur in the markets, plan fiduciaries need to deepen their understanding of overall portfolio construction and the impact of plan holdings on outcomes for participants. This is particularly crucial for plan participants who are close to retirement.”
Three Pillars for Plan Construction Success is geared specifically to professionals in the retirement plan industry who advise or sponsor company plans. The three pillars provide a new model for evaluating the role of different types of holdings in a retirement portfolio. Attendees will hear about helpful strategies that plan sponsors and advisors can use to reevaluate their plan lineups as well as a process to use for making potential changes.
To illustrate the concept, Kochan and Retirement Plan Consultant Sean Laird will look specifically at the fixed-income space. They will discuss the role bond investments play in participants’ portfolios and offer an effective way to evaluate fixed-income securities. They suggest that retirement plan investment options should meet three important criteria, as represented by the three pillars:
- Mitigate risk through lower correlations
- Increase stability when markets are stressed
- Strive for consistency over time
The webinar offers more than theory; attendees will come away with a structured evaluation process that they can apply when selecting investments for retirement plans.
To register for the webinar, please click here or call 1-800-368-7560.
About Wells Fargo Funds Management
Wells Fargo Funds Management, LLC, a wholly owned subsidiary of Wells Fargo & Company, provides investment advisory and administrative services for Wells Fargo Advantage Funds. Other affiliates of Wells Fargo & Company provide subadvisory and other services for the funds. The funds are distributed by Wells Fargo Funds Distributor, LLC, Member FINRA/SIPC, an affiliate of Wells Fargo & Company.
NOT FDIC INSURED o NO BANK GUARANTEE o MAY LOSE VALUE
- Wall Street Webcasting Presents: Wells Fargo Securities: Geopolitical Tensions Cool Down But Growth Concerns in Europe Heat Up 2 views
- GBPUSD Weighed Down By Increasing UK Deficit 1 view
- US factory orders rise 1.1% in March 1 view
- Rent-A-Center Promotes Mark Denman to Executive Vice President of AcceptanceNow 1 view
- Existing home sales fall sharply in US 1 view
- US Service Economy Expands at Fastest Pace since September: Markit 1 view
- Euro on the Defensive Ahead of ECB Rate Decision 1 view
- Health Net Gives $50,000 to Help Train Community Clinic Enrollers in Los Angeles County 1 view
- Radian Boosts Secure Homeownership with Job Loss Protection Insurance 1 view
- US manufacturing output strengthens, total output falls 1 view
|Forex Broker Spreads »|
|Most Popular Articles »|
- The Dollar Faces Shutdown Headwinds 1 view
- Teva Pops on Layoffs 1 view
- Further Rise In South African Unemployment 1 view
- US Services PMI Marginally Higher 1 view
- Stocks tread water amid strong housing data 1 view
- Brazil’s Trade Balance Now In Deficit 1 view
- Quarterly Tankan survey shows challenges ahead for Japan 1 view
- DAX Hits All-time High; RSI is Overbought 1 view
- Greek Retail Sales Show Improvement 1 view