UnitedHealthcare Community Plan of Ohio and Youngstown Office on Minority Health Host Citywide Baby Shower and Health Fair
Mom and moms-to-be took steps to improve their health and the health of their babies today by participating in a health fair and baby shower organized by the city of Youngstown and UnitedHealthcare Community Plan of Ohio.
Mayor John McNally talks with a group of moms about importance of pre- and post-natal care at the Citywide Baby Shower in Youngstown, OH. The event was hosted by UnitedHealthcare and the City of Youngstown Office on Minority Health. (Photo Credit: Emmett King)
At the Arlington Heights Recreation Center in Youngstown, moms were able to meet with health experts to receive tips on pre- and postnatal care, and for staying healthy throughout the pregnancy. Plus, they were given a hands-on demonstration of Baby Blocks, and information about other wellness programs and activities.
Mayor John McNally, Council member Nathaniel Pinkard, Health Commissioner Erin Bishop and representatives from UnitedHealthcare, including mascot Dr. Health E. Hound, helped kick off the event by doing healthy exercises and stretches.
“There are many services and innovative programs available to expectant and new moms to help ensure their babies have the best possible start in life,” said Mayor McNally. “Today’s baby shower and health fair is an excellent way to bring families and our community together to improve well-baby care.”
The event is the first in a series of eight baby showers organized by UnitedHealthcare Community Plan of Ohio that will take place this year. The next baby shower event will be held April 18 at the King Kennedy Community Center in Ravenna.
“UnitedHealthcare is grateful for the opportunity to host this health fair and baby shower to help new moms and moms-to-be learn more about the tools and resources available to them to enhance their babies’ health and quality of life,” said Tracy Davidson, CEO, UnitedHealthcare Community Plan of Ohio. “We are encouraged by the positive impact the Baby Blocks program has on new and expectant mothers’ health, and that of their babies.”
Each participating mom and mom-to-be at today’s health fair and baby shower received a free gift bag that included diapers, baby wipes, sleep sack and other well-baby items. Door prizes were given away and included a car seat, pack-and-play and baby gate, among other items.
UnitedHealthcare is dedicated to helping people nationwide live healthier lives by simplifying the health care experience, meeting consumer health and wellness needs, and sustaining trusted relationships with care providers. The company offers the full spectrum of health benefit programs for individuals, employers, military service members, retirees and their families, and Medicare and Medicaid beneficiaries, and contracts directly with more than 850,000 physicians and care professionals, and 6,000 hospitals and other care facilities nationwide. Globally, UnitedHealthcare serves 45 million people in health benefits and is one of the businesses of UnitedHealth Group (NYSE:UNH) , a diversified Fortune 50 health and well-being company. For more information, visit UnitedHealthcare at www.uhc.com or follow @myUHC on Twitter.
- PBTEEN UNVEILS ECO-CONSCIOUS CAPSULE COLLECTION WITH WORLD CHAMPION SURFER KELLY SLATER 1 view
- US Consumer Sentiment Declines in March: Reuters/University of Michigan 1 view
- EUR/USD at Risk 1 view
- FDA Approves Jakafi(R) (ruxolitinib) for the Treatment of Patients with Uncontrolled Polycythemia Vera 1 view
- Fluor’s Peter Oosterveer Elected to Board of U.S.-China Business Council 1 view
- Stocks Notch Up Losses for a Third Consecutive Session 1 view
- Alibaba becomes world’s biggest ever IPO 1 view
- US Dollar Pushes Higher as Yellen Weighs In 1 view
- Synchrony Financial and MEGA Group USA Extend Consumer Financing Agreement 1 view
- Euro Reverses Wednesday’s Gains as Flight to Quality Accelerates 1 view
|Forex Broker Spreads »|
|Most Popular Articles »|
- US dollar hits monthly low on Fed speculation 1 view
- Gold Miners Gain Traction Against the Yellow Metal 1 view
- Polish Buses Offer On-Board Self-Ticketing with Verifone NFC Payment Devices 1 view
- Stocks are Buoyed by Robust Retail Sales 1 view
- China Takes Mantel as Largest African Sweet Crude Oil Importer 1 view
- Polish Industrial Production Recovers 1 view
- Unemployment benefit claims fall to five-year lows 1 view
- American Campus Communities Wins Eight INNOVATOR Awards at Student Housing Business’ Interface Conference 1 view
- Asian Stocks Decline; But Not From Chinese Inflation Data 1 view
- Stock rally cut short as partial government shutdown enters its second day 1 view