Belgium Federal Public Service of Foreign Affairs Relies on Orange Business Services to Secure Mobile Devices for Senior Officials around the World
Present in 132 embassies worldwide, the 3,000 employees of the Belgium Federal Public Service of Foreign Affairs support and represent Belgian citizens anywhere in the world. Increasing use of mobile devices amongst senior officials made mobile security a priority, especially as these devices are frequently targeted to steal information. The challenge for the IT department was to give employees mobile access to governmental resources, while preventing information and assets from falling into the wrong hands.
Consulate of Belgium in Strasbourg, France (Credit: Netfalls – Remy Musser/Shutterstock.com)
The Belgian MoFA chose Orange Business Services to secure mobile devices with its advanced Mobile Device Management solution, based on the MobileIron platform. Initially supporting around 500 devices worldwide, Orange Mobile Device Management is managed and hosted in the Orange Cloud. The solution extends existing desktop and laptop security policies to smartphones and tablets, including corporate- owned or personal devices, without compromising the organization’s security policies. It is key step creating a secure mobile workspace as part of the digital transformation of the Ministry.
access control and security roles
Through Orange Mobile Device Management, the IT department is able to define mobile policies, such as access control and security roles for staff members – irrespective of whether they use iOS, Android or Windows mobile devices. The solution also ensures that only devices that comply with corporate policies are able to access email, critical applications and data. Moreover, the Belgian MoFA is able to consolidate and simplify its mobile footprint with a single end-to-end solution that covers all of its many worldwide locations.
“To serve Belgian citizens worldwide means not risking sensitive data, particularly when devices are lost or stolen. It means knowing when and how to provide secure access to data and being able to create different user groups with diverse functionalities. We chose Orange Business Services to help us protect sensitive information with a solution that provides excellent flexibility, scalability and global reach. The ongoing training they provide is also vital to deal with the complexity of mobility, allowing us to adjust our security policies to meet future requirements,” says Jorg Leenaards, CIO, Belgium Federal Public Service of Foreign Affairs.
“Management and protection of corporate data on mobile devices is a top priority for multinational corporations and public entities such as the Belgian MoFA, and they selected Orange Business Services to deliver a managed service for this sensitive project. The winning factor in choosing Orange was that the Orange Mobile Device Management solution is extremely safe and enables employees to securely access corporate data from any smartphone and any tablet. This is a key step in the digital transformation of the Belgian MoFA, and we will be providing the Ministry a fully managed and virtualized office environment in the near future,” said Helmut Reisinger, executive vice president, International, Orange Business Services.
about Orange Business Services
Orange Business Services, the Orange branch dedicated to B2B services, is not only a telecom operator, but also an IT solutions integrator and applications developer in France and around the world. Its 20,000 employees support companies in all areas of their digital transformation: mobile and collaborative workspaces; IT/cloud infrastructure; fixed and mobile connectivity; private and hybrid networks; applications for Internet of Things, 360^0 customer experience and Big Data analytics; and cybersecurity thanks to dedicated experts and infrastructure to protect information systems. More than 3,000 multinational organizations and 2 million SOHOs, enterprises and local authorities in France rely on Orange Business Services as their trusted partner.
Orange is one of the world’s leading telecommunications operators with annual sales of 39 billion euros in 2014 and has 156,000 employees worldwide at 31 December, 2014. Orange is listed on the NYSE Euronext Paris (symbol ORA) and on the New York Stock Exchange (symbol ORAN).
Orange and any other Orange product or service names included in this material are trademarks of Orange or Orange Brand Services Limited.
An image to accompany the press release is available for download at:
- Visa Falls Despite Revenue Gains 2 views
- The Importance of Cash Savings 1 view
- Canadian Business Optimism rises: BOC 1 view
- LNB Bancorp, Inc. Shareholders Vote to Approve Merger with Northwest Bancshares Inc. 1 view
- Sterling Slides as Minutes Reveal Hawkish Central Bank that is Not Yet Ready to Act 1 view
- Synchrony Financial and MEGA Group USA Extend Consumer Financing Agreement 1 view
- Ronald Porter Joins Korn Ferry’s Global Human Resources Center of Expertise 1 view
- US Pension Fund Fitness Tracker: No Reversal in Q4, Funding Ratios Decline for Fourth Consecutive Quarter 1 view
- Forex News – Week Ahead – RBNZ and Australian jobs data in focus 1 view
- Euro Moves Higher as Tensions are De-escalated 1 view
|Forex Broker Spreads »|
|Most Popular Articles »|
- Visa Falls Despite Revenue Gains 2 views
- Loonie Poised to Gain Ground on Strong Employment Report 1 view
- USD/JPY Breaks Out as MACD Generates Buy Signal 1 view
- A Powerful Selloff Generates Negative Technical Patterns 1 view
- Silver consolidates after diverging signals 1 view
- US Housing Data Steps into the Spotlight 1 view
- Violin Memory and Arrow Electronics Sign North America Distribution Deal 1 view
- FOREX Watch: EUR/USD falls on inflation woes 1 view
- American manufacturers outpace expectations: ISM 1 view
- Sam’s Club to Offer LifeLock(R) Identity Theft Protection 1 view