Company News »

Fulton County, Georgia, Selects Tyler Technologies to Provide Integrated E-Filing Services

Business Wire
Share on StockTwits
Published on

Tyler Technologies, Inc. (NYSE:TYL) today announced that Fulton County, Georgia, has become the 11th and largest metro Atlanta county to select Tyler’s Odyssey eFileGATM solution to provide a unified electronic filing platform. Mandatory e-filing for all civil cases will start in the State Court of Fulton County on June 1, 2015.

“The State Court of Fulton County is excited to join other metro counties as we partner with Tyler Technologies and eFileGA to provide a single e-filing service,” said Chief Judge Myra H. Dixon.

Odyssey eFileGA is delivered as a Tyler-hosted solution and allows users to file documents with the courts 24 hours a day, every day of the week, and requires no out-of-pocket expenses for counties. As part of Tyler’s e-filing solution, courts can provide filers payment services securely online.

“Expanding e-filing to all case types in the State Court will increase our efficiency and offer better services to our end-users,” said Court Administrator and Chief Clerk Cicely Barber.

Odyssey eFileGA provides attorneys a single, secure Web portal to automatically file documents across metro Atlanta courts in real-time, from anywhere – 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Other metro Atlanta counties that have selected eFileGA include Bibb, Cherokee, Clayton, DeKalb, Douglas, Floyd, Glynn, Gwinnett, Houston and Rockdale.

“Fulton County was forward-thinking with its investment in enterprisewide software to move the county toward an electronic-enabled court system,” said Bruce Graham, president of Tyler’s Courts & Justice Division. “We are proud that Georgia’s judicial agencies have confidence in our track record of providing integrated e-filing solutions, which now support half of Georgia’s population.”

Fulton County is the most populous county in Georgia with nearly 1 million residents. Atlanta, the state capital, is the county seat and is 90 percent located within Fulton County with the other 10 percent in DeKalb County. Fulton County also uses Tyler’s appraisal and tax services and software.

The Metropolitan Court Clerks Association in Georgia recently selected Odyssey eFileGA under a master services agreement (MSA) that any Georgia court may use to procure Tyler’s e-filing solution. Tyler’s Odyssey e-filing platform currently processes nearly 1 million filings per month and provides support for 300,000 e-filing users nationwide. Tyler’s Odyssey software and hosting infrastructure is used by the state of Texas for its mandatory e-filing platform, eFileTexasTM.

More about Odyssey eFileGA can be found at www.odysseyefilega.com.

About Tyler Technologies, Inc.

Tyler Technologies (NYSE:TYL) is a leading provider of end-to-end information management solutions and services for local governments. Tyler partners with clients to empower the public sector – cities, counties, schools and other government entities – to become more efficient, more accessible and more responsive to the needs of citizens. Tyler’s client base includes more than 13,000 local government offices in all 50 states, Canada, the Caribbean, the United Kingdom and other international locations. Forbes has named Tyler one of “America’s Best Small Companies” eight times and the company has been included six times on the Barron’s 400 Index, a measure of the most promising companies in America. More information about Plano-based Tyler Technologies can be found at www.tylertech.com.

Share on StockTwits