Egenera Solves the Converged Infrastructure Dilemma
Egenera, a leader in converged infrastructure and cloud management software, today announced PAN Manager 8.0, which includes support for standard x86 rack servers. This new capability effectively turns a data center into one agile converged infrastructure, letting organizations create and manage both distributed rack servers and blades from different server vendors as if it were a single pool of resources. Egenera is the first to provide this powerful capability, and the only vendor in the market to deliver open converged infrastructure, allowing users to mix and match the systems of their choice and eliminate vendor lock-in.
“Most large organizations still select the optimum equipment in order to meet the needs of their users every time,” said Koichi Suzuki, Deputy President at Daiwa Institute of Research (DIR). “Their data centers look like a showcase of servers from different vendors and their system operations group must manage this complexity all without any loss in service level. By extending PAN Manager to rack servers, Egenera provides us a game-changing product, which is a savior for the operations team as it dramatically improves the efficiency for IT staff by standardizing these complex infrastructures.”
To deliver this capability, Egenera partnered with Emulex on the newly introduced Emulex OpenWorksTM Connector. Emulex OpenWorksTM provides a framework for programming the Emulex OneConnect(R) cloud cards. PAN Manager leverages the connector, utilizing the RESTful API, to actively discover, monitor, manage and provision off-the-shelf compute infrastructure along with the rest of the network resources. Support for the Emulex OpenWorks Connector will be included in the next release of the software, PAN Manager 8.0, available later this quarter.
“As we move further into the realm of Web-scale computing, hyperscale environments and cloud, we continue to see a diverse set of compute infrastructure deployed in most user environments,” said Shaun Walsh, senior vice president of marketing at Emulex. “The combination of Emulex and Egenera technology lets organizations turn off-the-shelf rack servers into flexible, scalable cloud systems that support emerging high-transaction workloads, manage resource pools and provision physical and virtual infrastructures efficiently, all while accelerating application deployment.”
This new capability in PAN Manager delivers on Egenera’s vision of providing customers a single management user interface to design, deploy, manage and protect IT services across a diverse fabric of processing, memory and storage resources.
“IT and business processes not only need to be managed, but also automated where possible in order to ensure the growing demands placed on IT infrastructures,” said Uwe Romppel, Head of Product Management Server at Fujitsu. “By extending PAN Manager from the proven PRIMERGY blade systems to PRIMERGY rack- and scale-out servers, customers have the opportunity to use their preferred platform to build a converged infrastructure. The Egenera software automates the essential IT management tasks, reduces the time required to implement new IT projects and improves service level agreements through embedded high availability and disaster recovery mechanisms.”
“With this Egenera and Emulex solution both service providers and enterprise IT organizations can have the maximum choice for their compute infrastructure without the management complexity that always results from it,” said Dan Busby, VP of Products at Egenera. “Users can quickly scale out their infrastructure without any of the upfront investments that come with blades – providing those users with the ultimate in both choice and economics across their entire application portfolio.”
- Egenera’s Blog – http://www.egenera.com/blog
- Egenera on Twitter – https://twitter.com/Egenera
- Egenera on Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/pages/Egenera/74312707811
- Egenera on LinkedIn – http://www.linkedin.com/company/egenera
Converge. Unify. Simplify. That’s how Egenera brings confidence to the cloud. The company’s industry leading cloud and data center infrastructure management software, Egenera PAN Cloud DirectorTM and PAN Manager(R) software, provide a simple yet powerful way to quickly design, deploy and manage IT services while guaranteeing those cloud services automatically meet the security, performance and availability levels required by the business. Headquartered in Boxborough, Mass., Egenera has thousands of production installations globally, including premier enterprise data centers, service providers and government agencies. For more information on the company, please visit egenera.com. Follow Egenera on Twitter , LinkedIn and Facebook .
Emulex, a leader in network connectivity, monitoring and management, provides hardware and software solutions for global networks that support enterprise, cloud, government and telecommunications. Emulex’s products enable unrivaled end-to-end application visibility, optimization and acceleration. The Company’s I/O connectivity offerings, including its line of ultra high-performance Ethernet and Fibre Channel-based connectivity products, have been designed into server and storage solutions from leading OEMs, including Cisco, Dell, EMC, Fujitsu, Hitachi, HP, Huawei, IBM, NetApp and Oracle, and can be found in the data centers of nearly all of the Fortune 1000. Emulex’s monitoring and management solutions, including its portfolio of network visibility and recording products, provide organizations with complete network performance management at speeds up to 100Gb Ethernet. Emulex is headquartered in Costa Mesa, Calif., and has offices and research facilities in North America, Asia and Europe. For more information about Emulex (NYSE:ELX) please visit http://www.Emulex.com.
- US dollar rebounds as Ukraine tensions ease 2 views
- Celgene Receives Positive CHMP Opinion for OTEZLA(R) (apremilast), the First Oral PDE4 Inhibitor for the Treatment of Patients with Psoriasis and Psoriatic Arthritis 1 view
- US manufacturing industry hits 8-month high: Markit 1 view
- Argentina Sees Trade Balance Pick Up 1 view
- Waters Introduces Size Exclusion Chromatography (SEC) Columns for Protein-Based Biotherapeutics Analysis 1 view
- Hulk Hogan(R), Chris Jericho(R), PaigeTM and Daniel Bryan(R) Headline New Season of WWE TOUGH ENOUGH(R) on USA Network Launching June 23 1 view
- Canadian Dollar Treads Water on Divergent Data Releases 1 view
- UK Economy Said to Have Expanded 0.9% in Q1: NIESR 1 view
- Brick House Tavern + Tap and Operation Homefront Launch Second Annual “Taste Freedom” Campaign 1 view
- Genesee & Wyoming Inc. Enters into Agreement to Acquire Freightliner Group Limited; Expands Rail Operations in the United Kingdom, Continental Europe and Australia 1 view
|Forex Broker Spreads »|
|Most Popular Articles »|
- US dollar rebounds as Ukraine tensions ease 2 views
- Exterran Holdings Nominates Five New Directors to Its Board 1 view
- FOREX FORECAST FOR 6-10 APRIL 2015 1 view
- Cigna Study: More than One-Fourth of U.S. Consumers with Dental Insurance Don’t Take Advantage of Their Coverage for Preventive Checkups 1 view
- Judge Rhodes grants Detroit Chapter 9 protection 1 view
- NASDAQ Breaks Out on Robust Momentum 1 view
- Canadian Retail Sales Could Show Modest Improvement in February 1 view
- Dennis J. DeCore Joins Comstock Capital Value Fund 1 view
- Synchrony Financial and MEGA Group USA Extend Consumer Financing Agreement 1 view
- Strong Dollar Drives Commodities Losses 1 view