Epizyme to Present Updated Data from Ongoing Phase 1 Dose Escalation Trial of EZH2 Inhibitor EPZ-6438 at International Conference on Malignant Lymphoma
Epizyme, Inc. (NASDAQ:EPZM) , a clinical stage biopharmaceutical company creating novel epigenetic therapies for cancer patients, announced today that updated data from the Phase 1 portion of the ongoing Phase 1/2 study of EPZ-6438 will be presented during the 13th International Conference on Malignant Lymphoma (ICML), to be held in Lugano, Switzerland, June 17-20, 2015. EPZ-6438 is a first-in-class EZH2 inhibitor that Epizyme is currently studying in patients with advanced B-cell non-Hodgkin lymphomas (NHL) or advanced solid tumors.
Phase 1 study of EPZ-6438, an Enhancer of Zeste-Homolog 2 (EZH2) Inhibitor: Dose determination and preliminary activity in Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma
Speaker: Vincent Ribrag, M.D., Institut Gustave Roussy, Villejuif, France
Session Title: Session 13: Targeting Intracellular Pathways
Presentation Time: Saturday, June 20, 10:35 a.m. CET
About EZH2 Cancers
EZH2 is a histone methyltransferase (HMT) that is increasingly understood to play a potentially oncogenic role in a number of cancers. These include non-Hodgkin lymphomas; INI1-deficient cancers such as malignant rhabdoid tumors, epithelioid sarcomas and synovial sarcoma; and a range of other solid tumors.
Epizyme is developing EPZ-6438, a small molecule inhibitor of EZH2 created with our proprietary product platform, for the treatment of non-Hodgkin lymphoma patients and patients with INI1-deficient solid tumors. In many human cancers, misregulated EZH2 enzyme activity results in misregulation of genes that control cell proliferation – without these control mechanisms, cancer cells are free to grow rapidly.
EPZ-6438 is the second HMTi to enter human clinical development (following Epizyme’s DOT1L inhibitor, EPZ-5676).
Additional information about this program, including clinical trial information, may be found here: http://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT01897571?term=7438&rank=1
About Epizyme, Inc.
Epizyme, Inc. is a clinical stage biopharmaceutical company creating novel epigenetic therapeutics for cancer patients. Epizyme has built a proprietary product platform that the company uses to create small molecule inhibitors of a 96-member class of enzymes known as histone methyltransferases, or HMTs. HMTs are part of the system of gene regulation, referred to as epigenetics, that controls gene expression. Genetic alterations can result in changes to the activity of HMTs, making them oncogenic (cancer-causing). By focusing on the genetic drivers of cancers, Epizyme’s targeted science seeks to match the right medicines with the right patients.
Cautionary Note on Forward-Looking Statements
Any statements in this press release about future expectations, plans and prospects for Epizyme, Inc. and other statements containing the words “anticipate,” “believe,” “estimate,” “expect,” “intend,” “may,” “plan,” “predict,” “project,” “target,” “potential,” “will,” “would,” “could,” “should,” “continue,” and similar expressions, constitute forward-looking statements within the meaning of The Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Actual results may differ materially from those indicated by such forward-looking statements as a result of various important factors, including: uncertainties inherent in the initiation of future clinical studies or expansion of ongoing clinical studies, availability and timing of data from ongoing clinical studies, expectations for regulatory approvals, development progress of the Company’s companion diagnostics, availability of funding sufficient for the Company’s foreseeable and unforeseeable operating expenses and capital expenditure requirements, other matters that could affect the availability or commercial potential of the Company’s therapeutic candidates or companion diagnostics and other factors discussed in the “Risk Factors” section of the Company’s Quarterly Report on Form 10-K filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission in March 2015. In addition, the forward-looking statements included in this press release represent the Company’s views as of the date hereof. The Company anticipates that subsequent events and developments will cause the Company’s views to change. However, while the Company may elect to update these forward-looking statements at some point in the future, the Company specifically disclaims any obligation to do so. These forward-looking statements should not be relied upon as representing the Company’s views as of any date subsequent to the date hereof.
- Visa Falls Despite Revenue Gains 2 views
- US Pension Fund Fitness Tracker: No Reversal in Q4, Funding Ratios Decline for Fourth Consecutive Quarter 1 view
- Forex News – Week Ahead – RBNZ and Australian jobs data in focus 1 view
- Euro Moves Higher as Tensions are De-escalated 1 view
- US Dollar Weaker Ahead of FOMC Minutes 1 view
- Philips Selects Revolutionary Voice Recognition Software from VoiceItt as Winner of Annual Innovation Fellows Competition 1 view
- JPY weaker on BoP, SEK inflation in focus 1 view
- European Session – Dollar under 120.00 yen ahead of FOMC minutes 1 view
- Financials on the Ropes; XLF Underperforms 1 view
- Euro Declines on Weak PMI Ahead of Jobs Report, RSI is Oversold 1 view
|Forex Broker Spreads »|
|Most Popular Articles »|
- Visa Falls Despite Revenue Gains 2 views
- Harris Warsaw Joins Pitney Bowes as Senior Vice President of Sales, Global SMB Solutions 1 view
- Sam’s Club to Offer LifeLock(R) Identity Theft Protection 1 view
- Dow Jones Industrial Average: correction can extent to 17,000! 1 view
- AUD/USD climbs ahead of the Reserve Bank of Australia 1 view
- Dex Media and Yext Sign Agreement to Expand Small Business Internet Marketing Offerings 1 view
- Stocks Consolidates on Weak Data 1 view
- Northern Trust Announces Manila, the Philippines Office Opening 1 view
- The Importance of Cash Savings 1 view
- Canadian Business Optimism rises: BOC 1 view