Tech PR Expert Jodi Baumann Joins Hill+Knowlton Strategies to Lead U.S. Technology Practice and San Francisco Office
Talented technology public relations veteran Jodi Baumann is joining Hill+Knowlton Strategies as an executive vice president in the dual roles of U.S. tech practice head and general manager of the firm’s San Francisco office. Coming from a decade at NetApp, where she’s most recently been senior director of global communications, Baumann will begin Sept. 15.
“What I find most exciting about Jodi is that she is so entrenched in both the technology space and the local San Francisco market,” said Mike Coates, president and CEO of H+K Americas. “It was imperative as we searched for the perfect person to welcome onto our team that it be someone who knows, loves and is well-respected in San Francisco and Silicon Valley, and this is Jodi in spades. She’s also energetic, excited about this role and looking forward to getting started, and I just know she is going to do great things here.”
Baumann has spent 20 years excelling in marketing and communications roles for e-commerce, networking, storage and software companies. She brings extensive executive experience in global public relations, internal communications and corporate communications, with particular emphasis on crisis communications counsel and implementation, reputation management, M&A communications and driving go-to-market plans. As more communications teams move to a publishing model, Baumann brings deep understanding of the importance of integrating content planning and strategy into the communications process, as her team led that integration at NetApp.
“H+K’s San Francisco office remains a cornerstone of our U.S. technology practice, and we look forward to having the benefit of Jodi’s leadership there,” said H+K Strategies vice chairman and global technology practice director, Amanda Groty. “Her extensive experience both in-house and in agencies gives her a unique perspective on how to drive results for clients. She has also been a client of H+K’s for many years, and understands our value, our way of working, and our culture. We’re delighted to have her on board.”
Prior to her 10 years at NetApp, Baumann held leadership roles on the tech practice and Bay Area teams at Weber Shandwick, managed communications for e-commerce outsourcing company Digital River, and ran several marketing programs at South Africa-based information and communications technology company Atio Corporation.
“I’m delighted to be joining such an impressive and dedicated H+K team, not only in San Francisco, but across the entire H+K network. Technology continues to be an exciting sector, and I’m so inspired by the amazing stories waiting to be told for innovative companies that shape our daily lives. I can’t wait to get started,” said Baumann.
“I’d also like to express my deep appreciation and affection to all the members of my NetApp family,” Baumann said. “They’ve been very supportive and happy for me as I start this new chapter in my career.”
About Hill+Knowlton Strategies
Hill+Knowlton Strategies, Inc. is a leading international communications consultancy, providing services to local, multinational and global clients. The firm is headquartered in New York, with 87 offices in 49 countries, as well as an extensive associate network. The agency is part of WPP, the world’s largest communications services group. For more information, please visit www.hkstrategies.com.
- Christopher Brody to Step down From Intuit Board of Directors; Richard Dalzell Nominated 1 view
- Swiss Inflation Turns Negative 1 view
- Cable Retreats on Weak Borrowing and GDP; Traders Eye Existing Home Sales 1 view
- Western Union Offers Apple PayTM as New Pay-In Option for Money Transfer Customers 1 view
- US Dollar Index Gains as Euro, Pound Edge Lower 1 view
- Draghi’s low inter rate pledge 1 view
- Micrium’s uC/Probe Bundled with Cypress PSoC 4 M-Series Pioneer Kit 1 view
- March Business Inventories Reaffirm Slow Q1 Growth for US 1 view
- Daily Commentary – Forex Analysis 26/03/15 1 view
- Hulk Hogan(R), Chris Jericho(R), PaigeTM and Daniel Bryan(R) Headline New Season of WWE TOUGH ENOUGH(R) on USA Network Launching June 23 1 view
|Forex Broker Spreads »|
|Most Popular Articles »|
- Synchrony Financial and MEGA Group USA Extend Consumer Financing Agreement 1 view
- American Express Creates New Technology Hub in Silicon Valley 1 view
- EXCO Resources, Inc. Announces Credit Agreement Amendment, 2015 Capital Budget and Provides Operations and Reserves Update 1 view
- Sam’s Club to Offer LifeLock(R) Identity Theft Protection 1 view
- Euro Moves Lower on Weak Inflation Data; RSI Remains Oversold 1 view
- US dollar inches higher in light trade 1 view
- Canadian Dollar Recovers from 3-Month Low as Trade Surplus Improves 1 view
- Euro PMI Data Disappoints 1 view
- Canada adds 13,200 jobs in October 1 view
- Bank of England Minutes 1 view