PetSmart Unleashes Its One-of-a-Kind Pop-Up Park (P.U.P.) in Sacramento
PetSmart, Inc. has partnered with the City of Sacramento to bring a portable, pop-up dog park to Sacramento. This dog park, which provides more than 9,000 square feet of space for pet parents to bring their pets to play, is now open. The new park, officially called the PetSmart P.U.P. Small Dog Park, is located at 1900 University Ave. in Sacramento, Calif.
“At PetSmart, we believe in enriching people’s lives through the power of pets, and this is centered on giving back to the communities where we all live and work,” said David Lenhardt, president and CEO of PetSmart. “The PetSmart P.U.P. will provide the pet parents of Sacramento with a place to let their pets run and play while improving the community.”
PetSmart’s P.U.P. is a shipping container that contains everything that is needed for a temporary dog park, including 340 feet of fencing, three Oops clean-up Stations, three moveable benches, and lighting on and inside the container. The shipping container serves as the park’s point of entry and exit. PetSmart provided all of the equipment required to set-up the park, and City of Sacramento will maintain it.
“PetSmart’s innovative P.U.P. gives Sacramento pet parents a place to play with their dogs and build a stronger community,” said Kevin Johnson, Mayor of the City of Sacramento. “The City of Sacramento is a great place to live and the good work PetSmart has done with the City is another example of how we can truly meet our residents’ needs. We are excited for this park and look forward to our residents using it for years to come.”
There are currently two other PetSmart P.U.P.s in the country: one in Phoenix, Ariz and a second in downtown Detroit (Detroit’s first urban dog park). In addition, PetSmart plans to bring a P.U.P. to one more community by the end of 2014.
PetSmart’s P.U.P. is one of several national programs PetSmart runs under its community relations program, PetSmart Gives Back. PetSmart supports organizations that make communities a better place to call home and enrich people’s lives through the power of pets. Its other programs include:
- PetSmart Promise – which supports homeless families in keeping their pets
- PetSmart Paws for Hope – which promotes healing through therapy dogs at hospitals
- PetSmart for Patriots – which is a joint endeavor between PetSmart and Canine Companions for Independence, in support of Canine Companions’ Wounded Veterans Initiative to help partner assistance dogs with the military veterans who need them
PetSmart, Inc. (NASDAQ:PETM) is the largest specialty pet retailer of services and solutions for the lifetime needs of pets. The company employs approximately 53,000 associates and operates approximately 1,352 pet stores in the United States, Canada and Puerto Rico, 200 in-store PetSmart(R) PetsHotel(R) dog and cat boarding facilities and is a leading online provider of pet supplies and pet care information (http://www.petsmart.com). PetSmart provides a broad range of competitively priced pet food and pet products; and offers dog training, pet grooming, pet boarding, PetSmart Doggie Day CampSM day care services and pet adoption services. Through its in-store pet adoption partnership with PetSmart Charities(R) and PetSmart Charities(R) of Canada, PetSmart has helped save the lives of more than 5.7 million pets since 1994. PetSmart Charities, Inc. and PetSmart Charities of Canada (collectively “PetSmart Charities”) are independent, nonprofit organizations that save the lives of homeless pets and reduce shelter intake through spay and neuter efforts. In 2013, nearly 440,000 dogs and cats found homes through PetSmart Charities’ adoption centers in all PetSmart stores and by sponsoring community adoption events. PetSmart Charities is the leader in granting money to help pets in need, with more than $34 million given in 2013 throughout North America.
- Stock Tread Water Ahead of Fed Meeting 1 view
- Financials on the Ropes; XLF Underperforms 1 view
- FOREX Watch: Euro edges higher ahead of ECB 1 view
- Blackberry Foxconn Partnership 1 view
- Aussie Dollar forms a bottom 1 view
- French Consumer Confidence Stalls 1 view
- ECB:Surprise interest rate cut 1 view
- US Dollar Index Higher as Greenback Climbs Versus Euro 1 view
- Canadian Economy Sheds 28,900 jobs in April 1 view
- US Dollar Still Vulnerable to Durable Goods 1 view
|Forex Broker Spreads »|
|Most Popular Articles »|
- American Express Soars on Q3 Results 1 view
- Yen Gains Traction Following Weak Chinese PMI; Traders Eye Services PMI 1 view
- Western Union Offers Apple PayTM as New Pay-In Option for Money Transfer Customers 1 view
- Eurozone Labour Costs Fall 1 view
- AUDUSD pauses downtrend 1 view
- Cancer and pregnancy top reasons for using disability insurance benefits, Unum says 1 view
- Stocks buoyed by strong manufacturing data 1 view
- GBPUSD Weighed Down By Increasing UK Deficit 1 view
- EPIX Documentary Investigates the Arrest of Ross Ulbricht, the Alleged “Dread Pirate Roberts” — Founder of Online Black Market Silk Road, in the Original Documentary “Deep Web” 1 view
- Canada Wholesale Sales Sharply Higher 1 view