MaxLinear MxL267 Full-Spectrum CaptureTM Receiver Powers AVM’s EuroDOCSIS(R) 3.0 Cable Gateway Family
MaxLinear, Inc. (NYSE:MXL) , a leading provider of integrated radio frequency (RF) and mixed-signal integrated circuits for broadband communications applications, today announced that AVM GmbH, a global broadband networking company, has selected the MxL267 Full-Spectrum Capture (FSCTM) digital cable front-end receiver for a new family of EuroDOCSIS 3.0 cable modems and gateways.
AVM’s new cable gateway, the FRITZ!Box 6490 Cable, recently achieved certification from Cable Europe Labs(R). The FRITZ!Box 6490 Cable is a high-speed gateway designed using the MxL267 cable tuner capable of receiving over 1 Gb/s via 24 bonded downstream channels.
The FRITZ!Box 6490 Cable boasts an impressive range of features such as WLAN ac with 1,300 Mbit/s (5 GHz) and WLAN N with 450 Mbit/s (2.4 GHz). With “TV throughout the home network” the FRITZ!Box 6490 Cable will be emitting a live DVB-C TV signal to second screens such as tablets and smartphones.
Furthermore, the FRITZ!Box 6490 Cable delivers extensive network service and feature controls, including remote network monitoring and spectrum analysis, which simplifies deployment and maintenance by cable operators.
“Working with AVM to achieve EuroDOCSIS certification on their new family of EuroDOCSIS 3.0 products is an exciting milestone for MaxLinear,” said Brian Sprague, MaxLinear’s Vice President and General Manager for Broadband and Consumer Products. “This is a great example of the value MaxLinear’s Full-Spectrum Capture receivers bring to OEMs developing next-generation cable modem and gateway products. We are looking forward to supporting AVM as they expand multimedia and data bandwidth in the home.”
“MaxLinear’s receiver was the ideal choice for our next generation of cable products,” said Peter Faxel, Executive Vice President Products & Technology and Member of the Board at AVM. “The processing performance of our FRITZ!Box Cable products coupled with broadband connections up to 1 Gb/s makes it possible to develop the next level of gateway and integrated access products.”
Based on MaxLinear’s industry-leading, low-power 40 nm CMOS process technology, the MxL267 offers a monolithic digital cable front-end with integrated LNA and signal conditioning functions combined with a Full-Spectrum Capture receiver. In full 24-channel receive mode of operation, the MxL267 provides over 1 Gb/s downstream speeds and consumes approximately 90 mW per channel, eliminating the need for expensive heat removal components such as fans, heat shields and heat sinks inside customer equipment.
Additionally, the MxL267 supports remote spectrum analyzer functions that report network health and performance parameters, which can be used by cable operators in managing and troubleshooting their networks. This innovative feature allows cable operators utilizing AVM’s new FRITZ!Box 6490 Cable gateway to avoid costly technician visits to customer homes by remotely monitoring and diagnosing potential problems with customer premises equipment.
The MxL267 24-channel DOCSIS 3.0 digital cable receiver is available now in a standard 7 mm x 7 mm QFN package. Please contact MaxLinear for ordering information.
About MaxLinear, Inc.
MaxLinear, Inc. is a leading provider of radio-frequency and mixed-signal semiconductor solutions for broadband communications applications. MaxLinear is headquartered in Carlsbad, California. For more information, please visit www.maxlinear.com.
MxL, Full-Spectrum Capture, FSC and the MaxLinear logo are trademarks of MaxLinear, Inc. Other trademarks appearing herein are the property of their respective owners.
About AVM GmbH
AVM manufactures products for broadband connections and intelligent home networking. With its FRITZ! product line for DSL, cable, LTE, wireless LAN, DECT and powerline, AVM is a leading manufacturer of broadband devices and smart home products in Germany and Europe. Founded in Berlin in 1986, from the outset the company has focused on developing its own secure, innovative products for broadband connections. For more information visit http://www.AVM.de.
Cautionary Note About Forward-Looking Statements
This press release contains “forward-looking” statements within the meaning of federal securities laws. Forward-looking statements include, among others, statements concerning or implying future financial performance or trends and growth opportunities affecting MaxLinear, in particular statements relating to AVM’s selection of the MxL267 Full-Spectrum Capture digital cable front-end receiver for its new family of EuroDOCSIS 3.0 cable modems and gateways. These forward-looking statements involve known and unknown risks, uncertainties, and other factors that may cause actual results to differ materially from any future results expressed or implied by these forward-looking statements. We cannot predict whether or to what extent we will realize revenues from AVM’s selection of our MxL267 Full-Spectrum Capture digital cable front-end receiver. Forward-looking statements are based on management’s current, preliminary expectations and are subject to various risks and uncertainties, including (among others) intense competition in our industry; the ability of our customers to cancel or reduce orders; uncertainties concerning how end user markets for our products will develop; our lack of long-term supply contracts and dependence on limited sources of supply; potential decreases in average selling prices for our products; currently pending intellectual property litigation; and the potential for additional intellectual property litigation, which is prevalent in our industry. In addition to these risks and uncertainties, investors should review the risks and uncertainties contained in MaxLinear’s filings with the United States Securities and Exchange Commission, including risks and uncertainties identified in our Quarterly Report on Form 10-Q for the quarter ended June 30, 2014. All forward-looking statements are qualified in their entirety by this cautionary statement. MaxLinear is providing this information as of the date of this release and does not undertake any obligation to update any forward-looking statements contained in this release as a result of new information, future events, or otherwise.
- US dollar rebounds as Ukraine tensions ease 2 views
- NASDAQ Breaks Out on Robust Momentum 1 view
- Canadian Retail Sales Could Show Modest Improvement in February 1 view
- Dennis J. DeCore Joins Comstock Capital Value Fund 1 view
- Synchrony Financial and MEGA Group USA Extend Consumer Financing Agreement 1 view
- Strong Dollar Drives Commodities Losses 1 view
- New Relic Announces Pricing of Initial Public Offering 1 view
- Western Union Offers Apple PayTM as New Pay-In Option for Money Transfer Customers 1 view
- US stocks decline as economy outpaces expectations 1 view
- MeetMe Launches New Virtual Currency Product “Stickers” Inside Chat 1 view
|Forex Broker Spreads »|
|Most Popular Articles »|
- US dollar rebounds as Ukraine tensions ease 2 views
- Celgene Receives Positive CHMP Opinion for OTEZLA(R) (apremilast), the First Oral PDE4 Inhibitor for the Treatment of Patients with Psoriasis and Psoriatic Arthritis 1 view
- US manufacturing industry hits 8-month high: Markit 1 view
- Argentina Sees Trade Balance Pick Up 1 view
- Waters Introduces Size Exclusion Chromatography (SEC) Columns for Protein-Based Biotherapeutics Analysis 1 view
- Hulk Hogan(R), Chris Jericho(R), PaigeTM and Daniel Bryan(R) Headline New Season of WWE TOUGH ENOUGH(R) on USA Network Launching June 23 1 view
- Canadian Dollar Treads Water on Divergent Data Releases 1 view
- UK Economy Said to Have Expanded 0.9% in Q1: NIESR 1 view
- Brick House Tavern + Tap and Operation Homefront Launch Second Annual “Taste Freedom” Campaign 1 view
- Genesee & Wyoming Inc. Enters into Agreement to Acquire Freightliner Group Limited; Expands Rail Operations in the United Kingdom, Continental Europe and Australia 1 view