Bovie Medical Announces Two New Senior Additions to its Direct Sales Force
Bovie Medical (NYSE:BVX) , a maker of medical devices and supplies and the developer of J-Plasma(R), a patented new surgical product, announced that it has added two experienced sales executives to its direct sales force.
Todd Hornsby joins the company as Vice President of Sales, effective August 25, 2014. Todd has an impressive track record in medical device sales. He began his career in the field with Johnson & Johnson Ethicon Endo-Surgery and Medex before spending the last 10 years at Cryolife, where he held several sales positions before being named Senior Director of U.S. Sales in 2007. Todd brings a solid mix of sales success in the field and leadership experience to the J-Plasma(R) roll-out.
Craig Roberson has come on board as Eastern Regional Sales Manager, effective August 18, 2014. Craig has 22 years of medical device sales experience. Most recently, he was District Sales Manager for a line of surgical products developed by the Bard Medical Division of CR Bard, where he worked for 5 years. Prior to that Craig held several sales positions during his 15 year career at U.S. Surgical (now Covidien), most recently serving as National Sales Director for the Women’s Healthcare Division.
Messieurs Hornsby and Roberson have each entered into employment agreements with the company and were awarded non-qualified stock options to purchase an aggregate of 30,000 and 20,000 shares of Bovie common stock, respectively, exercisable at the closing price on the effective date of each of their employment agreements. The options shall vest and be exercisable in four equal annual installments beginning on the first anniversary of the effective date.
“Todd and Craig bring a combined 35 years of medical device sales experience to Bovie and will play important roles in accelerating and managing the commercialization of J-Plasma(R),” said Robert L. Gershon, Chief Executive Officer. “Our ability to attract highly-trained professionals to drive broad adoption of J-Plasma(R) speaks to the competitive strengths of the product and its broad appeal across targeted specialties.”
About Bovie Medical Corporation
Bovie Medical Corporation is a leading maker of medical devices and supplies as well as the developer of J-Plasma(R), a patented new plasma-based surgical product. J-Plasma(R) utilizes a helium ionization process that produces a stable, focused beam of ionized gas that provides surgeons with greater precision, minimal invasiveness and an absence of conductive currents through the patient during surgery. Bovie Medical Corporation is also a leader in the manufacture of a range of electrosurgical products and technologies, marketed through both private labels and the Company’s own well-respected brands (Bovie(R), Aaron(R), IDSTM and ICONTM) to distributors worldwide. The Company also leverages its expertise through original equipment manufacturing (OEM) agreements with other medical device manufacturers. For further information about the Company’s current and new products, please refer to the Investor Relations section of Bovie Medical Corporation’s website www.boviemed.com.
Cautionary Statement on Forward-Looking Statements
Certain matters discussed in this release and oral statements made from time to time by representatives of the Company may constitute forward-looking statements within the meaning of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995 and the Federal securities laws. Although the Company believes that the expectations reflected in such forward-looking statements are based upon reasonable assumptions, it can give no assurance that its expectations will be achieved.
Forward-looking information is subject to certain risks, trends and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from those projected. Many of these factors are beyond the Company’s ability to control or predict. Important factors that may cause actual results to differ materially and that could impact the Company and the statements contained in this release can be found in the Company’s filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission including the Company’s reports on Forms 10-K/A and 10-Qs for the year ended December 31, 2013 and the quarters ended March 31, 2014, and June 30, 2014, respectively. For forward-looking statements in this release, the Company claims the protection of the safe harbor for forward-looking statements contained in the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. The Company assumes no obligation to update or supplement any forward-looking statements whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise.
- Visa Falls Despite Revenue Gains 2 views
- Loonie Poised to Gain Ground on Strong Employment Report 1 view
- USD/JPY Breaks Out as MACD Generates Buy Signal 1 view
- A Powerful Selloff Generates Negative Technical Patterns 1 view
- Silver consolidates after diverging signals 1 view
- US Housing Data Steps into the Spotlight 1 view
- Violin Memory and Arrow Electronics Sign North America Distribution Deal 1 view
- FOREX Watch: EUR/USD falls on inflation woes 1 view
- American manufacturers outpace expectations: ISM 1 view
- Sam’s Club to Offer LifeLock(R) Identity Theft Protection 1 view
|Forex Broker Spreads »|
|Most Popular Articles »|
- Visa Falls Despite Revenue Gains 2 views
- The Importance of Cash Savings 1 view
- Canadian Business Optimism rises: BOC 1 view
- LNB Bancorp, Inc. Shareholders Vote to Approve Merger with Northwest Bancshares Inc. 1 view
- Sterling Slides as Minutes Reveal Hawkish Central Bank that is Not Yet Ready to Act 1 view
- Synchrony Financial and MEGA Group USA Extend Consumer Financing Agreement 1 view
- Ronald Porter Joins Korn Ferry’s Global Human Resources Center of Expertise 1 view
- US Pension Fund Fitness Tracker: No Reversal in Q4, Funding Ratios Decline for Fourth Consecutive Quarter 1 view
- Forex News – Week Ahead – RBNZ and Australian jobs data in focus 1 view
- Euro Moves Higher as Tensions are De-escalated 1 view