Avnet Services Expands Its IBM Educational Portfolio
Avnet Technology Solutions, the global IT solutions distribution leader and an operating group of Avnet, Inc. (NYSE: AVT), today announced that its Avnet Services business unit is expanding its IBM-related educational offerings. Developed by Avnet Services and partners, the courses will focus on key technical areas, including AIX, Business Analytics, Content Manager, Java and Mobile Development (iOS and Android). These courses will initially be offered in the U.S. and Canada, through Avnet Academy – Avnet Services’ education and training group.
“We are continually evaluating the needs of the technology industry to determine the type of training that is most beneficial in solving business challenges,” said Matt Fox, senior director of education services, Avnet Services, Americas. “These classes, offered through Avnet Academy, build on and supplement the world-class education developed by IBM, and they deliver more in-depth coverage of each subject for an enhanced and comprehensive learning experience.”
The new IBM courses were created by Avnet Services’ team of technology experts. The information covered in the courses is based on real-world experiences and unique insight into how students best absorb information for faster learning, application and retention. Students can choose from public instructor-led online courses, or schedule private classes to be delivered onsite.
An authorized IBM Global Training Provider, Avnet offers more than 2,500 IBM Training courses through Avnet Academy. The latest additions to its portfolio include:
- AIX Courses - Self-paced online classes with hands-on labs. These courses teach students how to manage their AIX operating system in the best ways possible, ranging from basic to administrative levels. Students complete at their own pace over a 30-day period.
- Business Analytics – IBM Business Analytics courses available for SPSS, TM1 and BI enable students to apply data analytics techniques and harness the power of the data at their fingertips to make better informed business decisions.
- Content Manager - This course teaches students how to manage and maintain IBM Content Manager OnDemand MP V9.x systems.
- Java Enterprise Edition Courses - These courses teach students how to develop enterprise applications using development features introduced in Java EE on the WebSphere platform. Students can also learn how to use the popular Spring framework with some of the most recent Java EE technologies on the WebSphere platform.
- Mobile Development Courses – Avnet has expanded its courses for IBM WebSphere with mobile development for all iPhone, iPad and Android courses, providing students with new skills and enhancing their existing skills.
“These courses complement educational offerings for IBM solutions and provide the user with immediate classroom-to-job application opportunities,” said Richard Kennealy, director, IBM Training. “Avnet’s courses help speed learning and retention in a real-world training environment so that users thoroughly understand the concepts of these key IBM technical areas. Because Avnet is an authorized IBM Global Training Provider, the quality of the content and delivery is monitored by IBM.”
Avnet Services is a global organization that addresses complex business needs with advanced technology solutions to deliver measurable outcomes and accelerate growth. Avnet Services is a single-source provider of enterprise technology services from procurement through integration, operations, management and disposal.
For a full description of these courses or to register, visit academy.avnet.com.
All brands and trade names are trademarks or registered trademarks, and are the properties of their respective owners. Avnet disclaims any proprietary interest in marks other than its own.
About Avnet Technology Solutions
As a global IT solutions distributor, Avnet Technology Solutions transforms technology into business solutions for customers around the world. It collaborates with customers and suppliers to create and deliver services, software and hardware solutions that address the changing needs of end-user customers. The group serves customers and suppliers in North America, Latin America and Caribbean, Asia Pacific, and Europe, Middle East and Africa. It generated US $11.0 billion in annual revenue for fiscal year 2014. Avnet Technology Solutions is an operating group of Avnet, Inc. For more information, visit http://www.ats.avnet.com.
About Avnet, Inc.
Avnet, Inc. (NYSE: AVT), a Fortune 500 company, is one of the largest distributors of electronic components, computer products and embedded technology serving customers globally. Avnet accelerates its partners’ success by connecting the world’s leading technology suppliers with a broad base of customers by providing cost-effective, value-added services and solutions. For the fiscal year ended June 28, 2014, Avnet generated revenue of $27.5 billion. For more information, visit www.avnet.com.
Sorry. No data so far.