Herbalife Welcomes 45 International Students from Prepa Tecnol’ogico de Monterrey
Herbalife Ltd. (NYSE:HLF) , a global nutrition company, welcomed 45 high school students from Prepa Tecnol’ogico de Monterrey’s Chihuahua Campus to its Los Angeles offices on Friday, May 1 for a roundtable discussion about the company, its business model, operations and products. This marks the second year of the partnership, which the educational institution’s faculty and staff initiated in 2014.
Prepa Tecnologico de Monterrey students visit Herbalife offices in Downtown Los Angeles. (Photo: Business Wire)
During the two-hour casual roundtable discussion, Herbalife executives shared information with the students regarding the company’s manufacturing facilities, quality control initiatives and global marketing activities, which include sports sponsorships around the world, such as soccer teams the Los Angeles Galaxy in the U.S. and Pumas in Mexico.
“What really interested me was the company’s mission and vision, and how they started selling the product. I also liked the fact that they support their employees and they help people lead healthier lives,” stated seventeen-year-old student Diana Mendez.
The session also included an open Q&A, where students had an opportunity to ask executives particular questions regarding items not covered during the formal presentations. “Visiting Herbalife is very important to me, because in our curriculum we study strategic planning, and explore what it’s like to manage a corporation, whether small, big or multinational, like Herbalife. As a program director, this access to senior executives gives our students the opportunity to visualize themselves as corporate leaders, and gain knowledge about how to manage a business of this magnitude,” stated Sofia Reyes Beltran, director, business innovation and management, Prepa Tecnol’ogico de Monterrey, Chihuahua Campus.
The informal partnership between Prepa Tecnol’ogico de Monterrey in Chihuahua and Herbalife was initiated by the institution’s faculty as a result of the company’s significant presence in Mexico. “At Herbalife we are delighted to share our company’s mission and history, as well as discuss the many advantages of our channel to market with these young students. It is always a pleasure to welcome them for a healthy breakfast, and we look forward to many more years of this annual tradition,” concluded Ibi Fleming, senior vice president and managing director, Herbalife North America.
Herbalife is a global nutrition company that has been changing people’s lives with great products since 1980. Our nutrition, weight-management, energy and fitness and personal care products are available exclusively to and through dedicated Independent Herbalife Members in more than 90 countries. We are committed to fighting the worldwide problems of poor nutrition and obesity by offering high-quality products, one-on-one coaching with a Herbalife Member and a community that inspires customers to live a healthy, active life.
We support the Herbalife Family Foundation (HFF) and its Casa Herbalife programs to help bring good nutrition to children in need. We also sponsor more than 190 world-class athletes, teams and events around the globe, including soccer player Cristiano Ronaldo, US soccer team the LA Galaxy and champions in many other sports.
- Daily Commentary 20/01/2015 1 view
- Owens & Minor Plans to Release 4th Quarter & Full-Year 2014 Financial Results on Tuesday, February 17, 2015; Management Conference Call Set for Wednesday, February 18, 2015 at 8:30 a.m. EST 1 view
- EXCO Resources, Inc. Announces Credit Agreement Amendment, 2015 Capital Budget and Provides Operations and Reserves Update 1 view
- SanDisk Unveils the World’s Highest Capacity microSDTM Card 1 view
- Prudential Real Estate Investors Acquires 75 Percent Stake in Bella Terra Shopping Center in Huntington Beach, Calif. 1 view
- USD/CAD Tests Support as Negative Momentum Accelerates 1 view
- Bidgely and ComEd to Deploy Real-Time Energy Disaggregation in Northern Illinois 1 view
- Aliyun Announces Global Partnership Program to Boost Public Cloud Services Worldwide 1 view
- Enlighten 3 with Forge puts Greater Control of Dynamic Lighting in the Hands of Artists 1 view
- GBPUSD Weighed Down By Increasing UK Deficit 1 view
|Forex Broker Spreads »|
|Most Popular Articles »|
- Canadian dollar holds ground despite weak retail sales data 1 view
- PBTEEN UNVEILS ECO-CONSCIOUS CAPSULE COLLECTION WITH WORLD CHAMPION SURFER KELLY SLATER 1 view
- US Dollar Weakens on Durable Goods, Weekly Jobless Claims 1 view
- Detroit pensioners helped bankrupt the city: report 1 view
- Dow Surges Ahead of Fed Decision 1 view
- Dex Media and Yext Sign Agreement to Expand Small Business Internet Marketing Offerings 1 view
- Daily Commentary 14/01/2015 1 view
- Cabot Norit Activated Carbon Awarded Two New Contracts for Mercury Removal 1 view
- Synchrony Financial and MEGA Group USA Extend Consumer Financing Agreement 1 view
- Daily Commentary 20/01/2015 1 view