Animated Dolby Film Silent Wins a One Show Silver Pencil Award
Dolby Laboratories, Inc. (NYSE:DLB) today announced that its short animated film Silent won a One Show Silver Pencil award in the branded entertainment competition in animation. The One Show awards ceremony took place on Friday, May 8, 2015, in New York City.
Silver Pencil Award won by Dolby for “Silent” (Photo: Business Wire)
Created in conjunction with Moonbot Studios and CAA Marketing, a division of leading entertainment and sports agency Creative Artists Agency (CAA), Silent represents the evolution of film technology from the silent-film era to the present day. The three-minute film celebrates how storytellers, inventors, and technology work together to create magic in the cinema.
The One Show is the most prestigious awards competition in advertising and design, honoring the best work across all disciplines, including advertising, interactive, design, and branded entertainment. For the 2015 One Show awards, 20,000 entries were received from 1,300 agencies in 65 countries.
“This distinction continues to highlight the importance of celebrating art and science through storytelling and original branded content,” said Vince Voron, Vice President and Executive Creative Director, Dolby Laboratories. “We also salute our partners at Moonbot Studios and CAA Marketing for this great achievement.”
Silent is an animated short film featuring Mr. Morris Lessmore from Moonbot Studios’ 2012 Academy Award(R) winning short film The Fantastic Flying Books of Mr. Morris Lessmore. In Silent, Lessmore and his fellow street performer, “The Kid,” dream of bringing their picture-and-sound show to life. When they discover a magical contraption inside an old theatre, they embark on a cinematic adventure of sight and sound, traveling through movie history to find the audience they have always wanted.
Since its debut at the Scientific and Technical Awards ceremony of the Academy Awards(R) on February 15, 2014, Silent has been viewed hundreds of thousands of times in theatres, film festivals, and online on Vimeo, YouTube, and Netflix. The recent winner of two Daytime Creative Arts Emmy(R) Awards, Silent also garnered a number of other awards in 2014 and 2015, including a Clio, a London International Award, two Epica Awards, two Cristal Festival awards, and a Communication Arts Illustration Competition award; in addition, it was shortlisted in the animation category for the Andy Awards. The film has screened at film festivals including the San Francisco Film Festival, the Los Angeles Film Festival, the Napa Film Festival, and the Savannah Film Festival.
About the One Club
The One Club, producer of the prestigious One Show and Creative Week, is the world’s foremost non-profit organization recognizing creative excellence in advertising and design. The One Show honors the best work across all disciplines, including Advertising, Interactive, Design and Branded Entertainment. Creative Week takes place in New York City every May and is the preeminent festival celebrating the intersection of advertising and the arts.
About Dolby Laboratories
Dolby Laboratories (NYSE:DLB) creates audio, video, and voice technologies that transform entertainment and communications in mobile devices, at the cinema, at home, and at work. For nearly 50 years, sight and sound experiences have become more vibrant, clear, and powerful in Dolby(R). For more information, please visit www.dolby.com.
Dolby and the double-D symbol are registered trademarks of Dolby Laboratories. All other trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. S15/28871 DLB-G
- Stocks close out worst week since June 2 views
- Hillary Ebach to become vice president, general counsel for Journal Media Group 1 view
- Stocks Hold Upward Sloping Trend 1 view
- Euro Production Figures Vindicate ECB Decision 1 view
- Aussie Approaches 0.94 US ahead of RBA Meeting Minutes 1 view
- Spain’s PPI Falls Further 1 view
- Dollar Rebounds a Risk Trade is Revived 1 view
- Kohl’s Delivers New Active and Wellness Solutions to Families Nationwide 1 view
- Slow day in the market as trade in U.S. finished early 1 view
- Retail sales lift Canadian dollar 1 view
|Forex Broker Spreads »|
|Most Popular Articles »|
- Stocks close out worst week since June 2 views
- Base Metals Rally, Despite Declines in other Commodities 1 view
- Silver Consolidates After Historic Fall 1 view
- MoSys to Present Scalable SDN/NFV Acceleration Using Bandwidth Engine to Support up to Terabit Networks at the Linley Tech Carrier Conference 2015 1 view
- Euro Slides Further Following Weak PMI Report 1 view
- Christopher Brody to Step down From Intuit Board of Directors; Richard Dalzell Nominated 1 view
- Stocks flat, US Dollar declines following FOMC minutes 1 view
- FOREX Watch: Pound sterling soars as unemployment drops to 7.7 percent 1 view
- Outlook on the US dollar ahead of FOMC minutes, key data 1 view
- Improvement In South African Retail Sales 1 view