AOL Canada Announces Its First Line-up of Original Programs in Canada with Exclusive Advertising Partners
Coming off the heels of the much-anticipated Digital NewFronts in New York City on April 28th, AOL Canada has announced the launch of its first-ever Canadian-made original programs. Further solidifying its commitment to creating premium content for consumers and advertisers across all screens, AOL Canada will be premiering 7 new Canadian series and 8 global series on its media properties The Huffington Post, AOL.ca, and AOL On.
AOL Canada’s first-ever Canadian original programs include:
- We Salute You – This uplifting series shines the spotlight on deserving veterans and how they’ve helped others, and honours their contributions by making a positive impact on their lives.
- I’m Sold – Looks at the real estate market and the personalities, luxury, functionality, locations and decor buying in Canadian cities and the real estate agents who are showing us how they “close the deal” on selling real estate.
- Say It, Make It, Eat It – Chefs and celebrity chefs cook up some of the hardest-to-pronounce food items in the world and will teach viewers how to say it, make it, and eat it.
- Apparently – A realistic look at the life of parents and their kids through the lens of a GoPro camera with hilarious voice over commentary.
- Mama’s Wisdom – Celebrity Moms and their mothers, from all backgrounds share their must-know pieces of wisdom with their kids.
- MAKERS Canada – the global storytelling platform and largest collection of women’s stories assembled online.
- Femmes D’Action – the first French language feature from AOL Canada that showcases influential women who are innovating and changing the world around them.
“Ubiquitous internet access and adoption of tablets and smartphones, are fundamentally changing the way we enjoy content,” said Joe Strolz, GM of AOL Canada. “While the consumer expectation for content tuned to different devices is new, the desire for relevant content with a Canadian voice is enduring. This is why we are investing in the creation of made-in-Canada content, purpose built for the connected consumer, in partnership with Canadian media agencies.”
As part of the launch of these series, AOL Canada has partnered with three of Canada’s most influential media holding companies: Amplifi (the media investment arm of Denstu Aegis Network), IPG Mediabrands/UM Canada and Omnicom Media Group. In addition to the individual programs that each group has partnered with, along with relevant U.S. programs running in Canada, they will also have access to advertising on MAKERS Canada, the largest collection of women’s stories online.
Amplifi will be the exclusive partner for a collection of parenting, lifestyle, and entertainment focused series including the Canadian series: Say It, Make It, Eat It, Apparently, and Mama’s Wisdom, and the global series: Journey to the Draft and Being Mum.
“With the concept of storytelling being a pillar of focus for many brands today, arming ourselves with compatible local original content is of great importance for us. AOL Canada has created a unique voice in Canada on its various properties, and we are extremely excited for the opportunities to come for our advertisers in 2015,” said Hisham Ghostine, President Amplifi Canada.
IPG Mediabrands has signed on as the exclusive partner for a compilation of lifestyle, entertainment and tech focused content. UM Canada (a Mediabrands agency) will have launch access to Canadian shows Femmes D’Action, the first French program by AOL in Canada, along with global shows Citizen Mars and a tech-focused series with Jared Leto.
“With the growth of online video viewing in Canada, we are seeing greater interest from brands to integrate with original content opportunities that are distributed cross-screen, especially in the French Quebec market. We are excited to be one of the first to collaborate with AOL’s new Canadian studio to develop custom branded content on behalf of UM clients,” said Katherine Fera, Director, UM Studios.
Omnicom Media Group has aligned with a separate bundle of programs as the exclusive launch partner for these specific shows, and will use the platform as an opportunity for its advertisers to align with original content in Canada. Series include Canadian-made We Salute You and I’m Sold, and global programs Park Bench and Making a Scene.
“With the combination of Canadian and global voices brought to life by AOL, along with exclusive share of voice for the launches, we are in the unique position to offer our clients a real opportunity to harness the power of top-shelf content that is delivered how people want,” said Nancy Surphlis, EVP Investments, Omnicom Media Group.”
The programs will be produced locally by AOL Canada’s video team and will be the first projects out of the media company’s in-house studio. With recent investment in the studio, along with a mission to create premium content for all devices, AOL has shifted their focus towards a yearlong video strategy that includes all forms of video – long form, and short form – across all screens. AOL video currently reaches 10.5 million unique viewers in Canada*.
Source: comScore Video Metrix, Canada, March 2015.
About AOL Canada
AOL (NYSE:AOL) is a media technology company with a mission to simplify the internet for consumers and creators by unleashing the world’s best builders of culture and code. With over 16 million monthly consumers of its premium brands, AOL is at the centre of disruption of how content is being produced, distributed, consumed and monetized by connecting publishers with advertisers on its global, programmatic content and advertising platforms*. Recognized as the 2nd Best Workplace in Canada by Great Places to Work, AOL’s opportunity lies in shaping the future of the digitally connected world for decades to come. Follow us on twitter @aolca
- Rockland Trust Charitable Foundation, Inc. Donates $1.125 Million to Greater Boston and MetroWest Organizations 1 view
- Synchrony Financial and MEGA Group USA Extend Consumer Financing Agreement 1 view
- Mixed Manufacturing Figures Across The Globe 1 view
- Ryder Opens New Service Facility in Paradise, Newfoundland Canada 1 view
- CA Technologies Executive Vice President Amit Chatterjee to Deliver RSA Conference Keynote 1 view
- Genzyme’s Lemtrada Approved by the FDA 1 view
- Propertyware(R) Introduces Maintenance PlusTM 1 view
- Citi Announces Digital Marketing Alliance with Zillow 1 view
- Dr. Susan Groenwald to be Inducted as Fellow of the American Academy of Nursing 1 view
- AIG Names Martha Gallo Head of Internal Audit; Paulette Mullings-Bradnock to Lead Strategic Expense Management 1 view
|Forex Broker Spreads »|
|Most Popular Articles »|
- PharMerica Acquires Millennium Pharmacy Systems 1 view
- Republic Bank Comes to Glassboro, Begins New Store Construction to Open in December 2014 1 view
- Dexcom(R) Announces Follow App is Now Available for Android Devices 1 view
- Western Union Offers Apple PayTM as New Pay-In Option for Money Transfer Customers 1 view
- Humana At Home Acquires Your Home Advantage 1 view
- Springleaf Financial to Acquire OneMain Financial 1 view
- Veterans: Texas is “Wide Open” for You! 1 view
- Daily Commentary 22/01/15 1 view
- American Water’s Customer Account Management Website, My H2O Online, Goes Mobile 1 view
- Synchrony Financial and Pep Boys Extend Consumer Financing Program 1 view