Five Star Electric Awarded Two Contracts Valued at $123 Million
Tutor Perini Corporation (NYSE:TPC) , a leading civil and building construction company, today announced that its specialty contracting subsidiary, Five Star Electric, has recently been awarded two contracts collectively valued at approximately $123 million.
East Side Access Contract CM-014B – Grand Central Terminal Concourse and Facilities Fit-Out
Contract Value: $90 million
Five Star Electric was awarded a $90-million subcontract by GCT Constructors JV, the contractor responsible for the construction and fit-out of the new LIRR concourse and related facilities at Grand Central Terminal as part of the East Side Access Project. East Side Access is one of the largest infrastructure projects currently underway in the United States and will provide a faster and easier commute from Long Island and Queens to the east side of Manhattan. The scope of work to be performed by Five Star Electric will include lighting, electrical service work, general power, and installation of thousands of feet of raceway for various systems.
Five Star Electric’s scope of work began in April 2015 with substantial completion anticipated by October 2019. East Side Access is being constructed by MTA Capital Construction for the Long Island Rail Road. The contract value was included as part of the Company’s reported first-quarter backlog.
Cortlandt Street Station Restoration – Electrical Package
Contract Value: $33 million
Five Star Electric was awarded a $33-million subcontract by Judlau Contracting Inc., to perform all the electrical work as part of the Cortlandt Street Station restoration. The station is located in the central area of the World Trade Center and had been destroyed in the 9/11 attacks. The electrical scope of work will include all power, lighting, fire alarm, communications, security, and signaling.
Construction is set to start this month with substantial completion anticipated by the first quarter of 2018. The project owner is MTA Capital Construction. The contract value is expected to be included as part of the Company’s reported second-quarter backlog.
About Tutor Perini Corporation
Tutor Perini Corporation is a leading civil and building construction company offering diversified general contracting and design-build services to private clients and public agencies throughout the world. We have provided construction services since 1894 and have established a strong reputation within our markets by executing large complex projects on time and within budget while adhering to strict quality control measures.
- USD/JPY below 120.00, EUR/USD up into 1.07 handle 1 view
- Stocks move higher after strong employment report 1 view
- Increasing Yields Benefit the Greenback 1 view
- Ascena Retail Group, Inc. Announces Participation in Telsey Advisory Group’s 5th Annual Fall Consumer Conference 1 view
- Sterling Falters Against US Dollar As Data Drives Interest Rate Speculation 1 view
- No Rate Moves By ECB Or Bank Of England 1 view
- Mortgage REITs Still Trading Below Book Value…And Still a Bargain 1 view
- Loonie Poised to Gain Ground on Strong Employment Report 1 view
- US Housing Data Steps into the Spotlight 1 view
- Movado Group, Inc. to Present at the Telsey Advisory Group 5th Annual Fall Consumer Conference 1 view
|Forex Broker Spreads »|
|Most Popular Articles »|
- Earnings preview: Target Corp. 1 view
- EUR/USD trades virtually unchanged 1 view
- Steady Reading On French Inflation 1 view
- Sterling Breaks Out on Strong Momentum 1 view
- Sterling Slides as Minutes Reveal Hawkish Central Bank that is Not Yet Ready to Act 1 view
- Bel First Quarter Net Earnings Increase 122%, Sales Set a Record $142.0 Million 1 view
- Stocks Rebound on Outside Reversal Day Following Fed Minutes 1 view
- Burger King-Tim Hortons Merger Boosts Canadian Dollar 1 view
- North American Pair Falls on Income Data 1 view
- USD/JPY Breaks Out as MACD Generates Buy Signal 1 view