Seventh Annual Nexcare Give Program Celebrates “Creating a Culture of Giving” by Thanking Blood Donors around the World on World Blood Donor Day
With nearly five million Americans requiring a blood transfusion each year, and no substitute for human blood, giving blood is a heroic act that truly makes an impact and saves lives. Nexcare Bandages, in partnership with the American Red Cross and America’s Blood Centers, proudly launches the seventh annual Nexcare Give Program, to encourage people to roll up their sleeves and “give.“
Nexcare Brand Launches the Seventh Annual Nexcare Give Program (Photo: Business Wire)
Timed to the World Health Organization’s World Blood Donor Day on Sunday, June 14, the 2015 Nexcare Give campaign aims to inspire action and shine light on this important cause. This year, the Nexcare Give Program celebrates all those who “give” around the world with the theme “Creating a Culture of Giving.” The 2015 limited-edition collection of bandages features eight vibrant designs inspired by patterns and textiles from various cultures and locations around the world.
“Year after year, our goal is to help spread the word about the importance of giving back by donating blood, as well as thanking those who give and encouraging others to get involved,” said Tara Menzies, Nexcare Global Business Manager, Consumer Health Care Division. “Our hope for the seventh annual Nexcare Give Program is that blood donors will wear their Nexcare give Bandages as a badge of honor, while motivating others to do the same.”
Beginning Monday, June 8 and throughout the week leading up to World Blood Donor Day, American Red Cross and America’s Blood Centers’ donor centers and blood drives will distribute free, limited-edition Nexcare give Bandages to blood donors. Nexcare give Bandages will also be available for free by mail, while supplies last, by visiting Nexcaregive.com.
“Each and every blood donation is a gracious gift that can help save up to three lives,” said Darren Irby, spokesperson for the American Red Cross. “It is important that eligible donors give blood as often as possible to help meet the needs of patients, while spreading the word about the importance of giving back.”
World Blood Donor Day and the Nexcare Give Program come at an important time each year during the summer months, when blood centers face what is known as “summer shortages.” Increased vacation schedules and other seasonal distractions mean fewer people are available to donate blood, leading to a greater need for blood donation. The Nexcare Give campaign brings attention to World Blood Donor Day, encouraging people to donate blood to help ensure a sufficient blood supply is available for those in need.
“With an average of 41,000 blood donations needed every day nationwide, giving blood regularly is not only an immediate way to serve your community, but it can truly save lives,” comments CEO, Christine Zambricki, DNAP, CRNA, FAAN, America’s Blood Centers.
Pledge to support blood donation, locate a blood center nearby and sign up to receive free Nexcare give Bandages by mail, by visiting Nexcaregive.com. Those who aspire to show support and share personal blood donation stories with friends and the “give” community are encouraged to use the hashtag #GiveInspires in their posts, tweets and photos.
About The American Red Cross
The American Red Cross shelters, feeds and provides emotional support to victims of disasters; supplies about 40 percent of the nation’s blood; teaches skills that save lives; provides international humanitarian aid; and supports military members and their families. The Red Cross is a not-for-profit organization that depends on volunteers and the generosity of the American public to perform its mission. For more information, please visit redcross.org or visit us on Twitter at @RedCross.
About America’s Blood Centers
Founded in 1962, America’s Blood Centers is North America’s largest network of community-based, independent blood programs. Recognized by the U.S. Congress for its critical work in patient care and disaster preparedness and response, the federation operates more than 600 blood donor centers providing half of the U.S., and a quarter of the Canadian blood supply.
These blood centers serve more than 150 million people and provide blood products and services to more than 3,500 hospitals and healthcare facilities across North America. America’s Blood Centers’ U.S. members are licensed and regulated by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration. Canadian members are regulated by Health Canada. For more information, please visit www.AmericasBlood.org
At 3M, we apply science in collaborative ways to improve lives daily. With $32 billion in sales, our 90,000 employees connect with customers all around the world. Learn more about 3M’s creative solutions to the world’s problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M or @3MNewsroom.
3M and Nexcare are trademarks of 3M.
- Alibaba becomes world’s biggest ever IPO 2 views
- Taste the Chill: Krispy Kreme Introduces New Frozen Lattes 1 view
- Brent Crude Oil – More downside expected 1 view
- JPMorgan Chase & Co., State and Local Leaders Join Forces to Address Homelessness in Florida 1 view
- Aussie Approaches 0.94 US ahead of RBA Meeting Minutes 1 view
- US Dollar Pushes Higher as Yellen Weighs In 1 view
- Improvements Evident In Canadian Manufacturing 1 view
- Krispy Kreme Signs Development Agreement To Open 12 Shops in Guatemala 1 view
- Investors Take Profit on Aussie as RBA Decision Looms 1 view
- Eurozone PMI Rises 1 view
|Forex Broker Spreads »|
|Most Popular Articles »|
- Alibaba becomes world’s biggest ever IPO 2 views
- Bruker Introduces MALDI TissuetyperTM Solution with New High Speed rapifleXTM MALDI-TOF MS System for Anatomical Pathology Research 1 view
- CDC Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices Votes to Recommend Serogroup B Meningococcal Disease Vaccination for Persons at Increased Risk 1 view
- US Dollar Weakens on Dismal GDP Report 1 view
- Aussie Gains Traction After Solid Chinese Data 1 view
- US Service Economy Expands at a Slower Rate in August: Markit 1 view
- Greenback Plunges as Fed Comments Weigh on Sentiment 1 view
- Aetna Completes Acquisition of bswift 1 view
- PBTEEN UNVEILS ECO-CONSCIOUS CAPSULE COLLECTION WITH WORLD CHAMPION SURFER KELLY SLATER 1 view
- USD/CAD – it’s all about volume 1 view