Herbalife Celebrates Diversity in Leadership
Global nutrition company Herbalife is proud to sponsor the annual galas of the Congressional Hispanic Leadership Institute (CHLI) and Asian Pacific American Institute for Congressional Studies (APAICS) taking place this week in Washington, D.C. Herbalife supports both organizations’ leadership development programs and serves on their advisory bodies.
The CHLI Annual Gala and Leadership Awards will take place Wednesday, May 13. The event will recognize former President of Colombia, ‘Alvaro Uribe V’elez, with the International Relations Award. Jeb Bush, former governor of Florida, will also be honored with the Leadership in Public Service Award. Herbalife supports CHLI’s fellowship program for Hispanic youth. In addition, the company serves on CHLI’s Corporate Advisory Board.
Herbalife is also sponsoring the annual APAICS Awards Gala Dinner on Thursday, May 14. The event, which coincides with Asian Pacific American Heritage Month, honors Asian American and Pacific Islander (AAPI) individuals and organizations that politically empower the AAPI community. U.S. Surgeon General Vice Admiral Dr. Vivek Murthy will present the keynote address and former President George H.W. Bush will receive a lifetime achievement award. Herbalife has sponsored the event for the past two years. The company also serves on APAICS’s National Advisory Council and hosts APAICS congressional fellows at its Washington, D.C. office.
“Herbalife is a company dedicated to empowering communities through opportunities for a better life. The work of APAICS and CHLI embody this principle and lay the groundwork for future generations of diverse leadership that will drive the success of our country,” said Angela Arboleda, Herbalife vice president for government and community affairs. Arboleda continued, “These partnerships are important to Herbalife because they reflect the communities where we live and the global marketplace we serve. We congratulate CHLI and APAICS on their galas and look forward to celebrating their success.”
“CHLI appreciates Herbalife’s partnership in working to open doors for Hispanic youth,” said CHLI’s executive director, Mary Ann Gomez. “Through Herbalife’s support for our internship and youth leadership programs, we are providing life-changing experiences in the nation’s capital for Hispanic students who may not otherwise be exposed to the inner workings of Congress. Together we are building the next generation of Hispanic leadership.”
“Herbalife recognizes the importance of diverse voices being part of the decision-making process and we appreciate their support of this year’s APAICS Awards Gala Dinner and our congressional fellowship program,” said Floyd Mori, APAICS’s president and CEO. “From Congress to statehouses to city councils to the White House, our leaders must include AAPI communities and others that make up the vibrancy of this country. We look forward to continued collaboration with Herbalife in pursuit of this important mission.”
Herbalife is a global nutrition company that has been changing people’s lives with great products since 1980. Our nutrition, weight-management, energy and fitness and personal care products are available exclusively to and through dedicated Independent Herbalife Members in more than 90 countries. We are committed to fighting the worldwide problems of poor nutrition and obesity by offering high-quality products, one-on-one coaching with a Herbalife Member and a community that inspires customers to live a healthy, active life.
We support the Herbalife Family Foundation (HFF) and its Casa Herbalife programs to help bring good nutrition to children in need. We also sponsor more than 250 world-class athletes, teams and events around the globe, including Cristiano Ronaldo, the LA Galaxy and champions in many other sports.
- Loonie Poised to Gain Ground on Strong Employment Report 1 view
- US Housing Data Steps into the Spotlight 1 view
- Movado Group, Inc. to Present at the Telsey Advisory Group 5th Annual Fall Consumer Conference 1 view
- CHARTS OF THE DAY 1 view
- American Water’s Customer Account Management Website, My H2O Online, Goes Mobile 1 view
- US stocks rise as signs of prolonged stimulus emerge 1 view
- Netflix tops S&P 500 in 2013, investors eye earnings report 1 view
- Strong GDP Growth From Ireland 1 view
- BIND Therapeutics Appoints Hagop Youssoufian, M.Sc., M.D. as Chief Medical Officer 1 view
- American manufacturers outpace expectations: ISM 1 view
|Forex Broker Spreads »|
|Most Popular Articles »|
- Euro Declines on Weak PMI Ahead of Jobs Report, RSI is Oversold 1 view
- Ryanair shares slide on safety concerns 1 view
- Christopher Brody to Step down From Intuit Board of Directors; Richard Dalzell Nominated 1 view
- European Session – Dollar rebounds after jobless claims and services PMI data 1 view
- The Yen Continued to Weaken, Sterling was Also on the Move 1 view
- Earnings preview: Target Corp. 1 view
- EUR/USD trades virtually unchanged 1 view
- Steady Reading On French Inflation 1 view
- Sterling Breaks Out on Strong Momentum 1 view
- Sterling Slides as Minutes Reveal Hawkish Central Bank that is Not Yet Ready to Act 1 view