Consumers Rank Discover in a Tie for Highest Customer Satisfaction in J.D. Power Study
Discover (NYSE:DFS) has achieved the highest customer-satisfaction ranking among U.S. card companies, tying for top honors in the 2014 J.D. Power U.S. Credit Card Satisfaction StudySM, which was released today.
Discover is one of only two companies to achieve the top ranking since the study was initiated in 2007.
“As we seek to help cardmembers achieve brighter financial futures, Discover aims to make every single customer interaction a positive one,” said David Nelms, chairman and CEO of Discover. “We are so grateful for the honor of serving our cardmembers and for the recognition they’ve bestowed upon the 14,500 Discover employees who are committed to providing them with the best products and services possible every day.”
Customer satisfaction is part of Discover’s DNA. The Discover Card was introduced in 1986 as the first cash rewards credit card with no annual fee. Discover’s continued focus on its customers drives offerings and enhancements designed to help cardmembers get the greatest value from their cards and manage their credit, including:
- Digital experiences and functionality that allow cardmembers to be in control of their accounts.
- Cardmembers can monitor account activity, pay bills, receive alerts, and earn and redeem rewards at their convenience.
- U.S.-based Customer Care Centers where there is always a live person to help 24/7.
- Discover cardmembers are served by thousands of committed employees in Lake Park, Utah; Phoenix, Arizona; New Albany, Ohio; and New Castle, Delaware.
- Free FICO(R) Credit Scores to give cardmembers information they can use to stay on top of their credit.
- Discover is the first major credit card issuer to provide free FICO(R) Scores directly to its cardmembers on their monthly statements and online. In addition to the scores, Discover provides key factors explaining what may have influenced a score.
- The new flagship Discover it Card with a unique set of features built upon the pillars of fairness, safety, generous rewards, flexibility and live customer service.
- The features of the Discover it Card include no annual fee, no APR increase because of late payments, the option to pay bills online or by phone until midnight Eastern time, and an automatic 1% Cashback Bonus(R) on all purchases with revolving categories that change each quarter when you sign up for 5%
- A new shopping experience known as Discover Deals.
- Discover Deals makes it easy to shop, save and earn extra rewards from popular brands in stores or online. Cardmembers can find deals on their phones, tablets or computers to receive instant savings at checkout, statement credits and extra rewards.
About J.D. Power
About McGraw Hill Financial
Discover Financial Services (NYSE:DFS) is a direct banking and payment services company with one of the most recognized brands in U.S. financial services. Since its inception in 1986, the company has become one of the largest card issuers in the United States. The company issues the Discover card, America’s cash rewards pioneer, and offers home loans, private student loans, personal loans, home equity loans, checking and savings accounts, certificates of deposit and money market accounts through its direct banking business. It operates the Discover Network, with millions of merchant and cash access locations; PULSE, one of the nation’s leading ATM/debit networks; and Diners Club International, a global payments network with acceptance in more than 185 countries and territories. For more information, visit www.discover.com/company.
Sorry. No data so far.