Maine Honored with Two National Awards for Its Online Business Services
The State of Maine has recently been recognized with two national awards for its online services. Maine’s Online Business portal, Business Answers, has been honored as a top government service with a Silver Communicator Award of Distinction, recognizing achievements in the fields of both creativity and communications. Maine’s Online Corporate Fraud Monitoring service was also recently acknowledged, receiving a StateScoop 50 Award for IT Program of the Year. The award highlights the best examples of influential State and Local IT programs that have delivered cost savings, superior performance results and partnerships between agencies.
The Business Answers portal, provided by the Department of Economic and Community Development (DECD) empowers job creators by giving them access to a one-stop repository of licenses and permits required to start a business in Maine. There are 432 different business types, which users can research to receive a comprehensive list detailing the specific forms, licenses, permits, and information required for completion before that business can begin to operate.
“We have expanded and made more efficient our Business Answers portal,” said DECD Commissioner George Gervais. “This is all about making Maine as business-friendly as possible. Business Answers is now an even more effective one-stop resource for new and existing Maine businesses.”
The Corporate Fraud Monitoring service, provided by the Maine Secretary of State, offers owners and registered agents the ability to automatically be notified of any filing completed against their business entities.
“This online service is assisting small business owners and corporations throughout Maine,” commented Secretary of State Matthew Dunlap. “Awards like StateScoop 50 provide positive outside recognition for the services we offer and assist us in our goal to raise awareness about the topic of fraud prevention.”
Both recognized online services have been developed through collaboration with Maine’s eGovernment partner, Maine Information Network, LLC., a subsidiary of NIC, at no cost to taxpayers.
Maine.gov (http://www.Maine.gov) is the official Web portal of the state of Maine. Maine.gov is a service of InforME, a collaborative effort between the state of Maine and Maine Information Network, LLC. part of the NIC (NASDAQ: EGOV) family of companies.
Founded in 1992, NIC (NASDAQ:EGOV) is the nation’s leading provider of official government websites, online services, and secure payment processing solutions. The company’s innovative eGovernment services help make government more accessible to everyone through technology. The family of NIC companies provides eGovernment solutions for more than 3,500 federal, state, and local agencies in the United States. Forbes has named NIC as one of the “100 Best Small Companies in America” five times, most recently ranked at No. 11 (2013), and the company has been included four times on the Barron’s 400 Index. Additional information is available at http://www.egov.com.
- Stocks move higher after strong employment report 1 view
- Increasing Yields Benefit the Greenback 1 view
- Ascena Retail Group, Inc. Announces Participation in Telsey Advisory Group’s 5th Annual Fall Consumer Conference 1 view
- Sterling Falters Against US Dollar As Data Drives Interest Rate Speculation 1 view
- No Rate Moves By ECB Or Bank Of England 1 view
- Mortgage REITs Still Trading Below Book Value…And Still a Bargain 1 view
- Loonie Poised to Gain Ground on Strong Employment Report 1 view
- US Housing Data Steps into the Spotlight 1 view
- Movado Group, Inc. to Present at the Telsey Advisory Group 5th Annual Fall Consumer Conference 1 view
- CHARTS OF THE DAY 1 view
|Forex Broker Spreads »|
|Most Popular Articles »|
- Earnings preview: Target Corp. 1 view
- EUR/USD trades virtually unchanged 1 view
- Steady Reading On French Inflation 1 view
- Sterling Breaks Out on Strong Momentum 1 view
- Sterling Slides as Minutes Reveal Hawkish Central Bank that is Not Yet Ready to Act 1 view
- Bel First Quarter Net Earnings Increase 122%, Sales Set a Record $142.0 Million 1 view
- Stocks Rebound on Outside Reversal Day Following Fed Minutes 1 view
- Burger King-Tim Hortons Merger Boosts Canadian Dollar 1 view
- North American Pair Falls on Income Data 1 view
- USD/JPY Breaks Out as MACD Generates Buy Signal 1 view