TRADE NEWS: Keysight Technologies Works with MediaTek on Mobile Chipset Manufacturing Test Solution
Keysight Technologies, Inc. (NYSE:KEYS) today announced that it has worked with MediaTek on the release of a manufacturing test solution for the MediaTek MT6735 mobile chipset, based on the Keysight E6640 EXM wireless test set. The MT6735, released in October of 2014, is an LTE 64-bit mobile SoC platform with integrated modem, RF and CorePilotTM technology, for use by global operators targeted at the emerging mid-range smartphone market called, Super-mid. The MT6735 builds upon MediaTek’s existing LTE platform by adding CDMA2000 to create WorldMode modem capability.
“Our customers are concerned about the complexity of testing multi-modes and multi-band wireless formats, especially during mass production,” said Jeffrey Ju, senior vice president of MediaTek. “The Keysight E6640 EXM helps our customers to ramp up production smoothly, giving them shorter manufacture testing times and reduced cost.”
The Keysight E6640 EXM wireless test set is a non-signaling wireless testing platform that supports multiple cellular and wireless connectivity standards. Recent EXM enhancements include 1) advanced sequencing of multiple WLAN formats within one test sequence to enable faster WLAN device production test; and 2) speed-optimized firmware to help manufacturers enhance wireless device test plan efficiency and increase production throughput. The addition of DECT, PHS and Zigbee support adds to the EXM’s already long list of multi-format measurement capabilities.
The EXM key features:
- Up to four independent TRX modules supporting up to 16 connections without the use of external fixtures or switching
- Multi-format measurement application support including LTE/LTE-Advanced, HSPA+, W-CDMA, cdma2000(R), GSM/EDGE/Evo, TD-SCDMA, PHS, DECT, WLAN 802.11 a/b/g/n/j/p/ac, Bluetooth(R) BR/EDR/LE, GNSS (GPS, GLONASS, Galileo, Bei Dou, QZSS), Mobile WiMAXTM, Zigbee, PHS and digital video
- Independent source and analyzer on each TRX
- Four RF ports configured as two full-duplex and two half-duplex ports or four full-duplex ports
- Support for up to 32 devices-under-test through customizable multi-port adapter (MPA) technology
- 160-MHz bandwidth, up to 6-GHz frequency range, best-in-class +/-0.2 dB power-level accuracy at 3.8 GHz, and -43 dB receiver EVM noise floor for 802.11ac
“We are honored to work with MediaTek, a world leading mobile solution provider,” stated Joe DePond, vice president and general manager of Keysight’s Mobile Broadband Operation. “The EXM delivers a complete and scalable solution to meet customer needs today and in the future. We are committed to deliver most update test solution as standards continue to evolve.”
The Keysight EXM wireless test set is designed to help companies solve today’s problems and evolve to meet tomorrow’s manufacturing test challenges. For more information, www.keysight.com/find/exm. High-resolution images are available at www.keysight.com/find/exm_images.
About Keysight Technologies
Keysight Technologies (NYSE:KEYS) is a global electronic measurement technology and market leader helping to transform its customers’ measurement experience through innovations in wireless, modular, and software solutions. Keysight’s electronic measurement instruments, systems, software and services are used in the design, development, manufacture, installation, deployment and operation of electronic equipment. The business had revenues of $2.9 billion in fiscal year 2014. Information about Keysight is available at www.keysight.com.
cdma2000 is a US registered certification mark of the Telecommunications Industry Association.
Bluetooth is a trademark owned by Bluetooth SIG, Inc., U.S.A. and licensed to Keysight Technologies, Inc.
Mobile WiMAX is a US trademark of the WiMAX Forum.
NOTE TO EDITORS: Further technology, corporate citizenship and executive news is available at www.keysight.com/go/news.
- Euro Declines on Weak PMI Ahead of Jobs Report, RSI is Oversold 1 view
- Ryanair shares slide on safety concerns 1 view
- Christopher Brody to Step down From Intuit Board of Directors; Richard Dalzell Nominated 1 view
- European Session – Dollar rebounds after jobless claims and services PMI data 1 view
- The Yen Continued to Weaken, Sterling was Also on the Move 1 view
- Earnings preview: Target Corp. 1 view
- EUR/USD trades virtually unchanged 1 view
- Steady Reading On French Inflation 1 view
- Sterling Breaks Out on Strong Momentum 1 view
- Sterling Slides as Minutes Reveal Hawkish Central Bank that is Not Yet Ready to Act 1 view
|Forex Broker Spreads »|
|Most Popular Articles »|
- FOREX Watch: US dollar breaks sticking point 1 view
- US Dollar Edges Higher on ADP Employment Report 1 view
- Fedex & UPS Scramble Amid Media Fire 1 view
- Stocks close mixed despite strong economic data 1 view
- US Demand, Global Prospects to Boost Canada’s Economy in 2014 1 view
- Eurozone Retail Sector Under Pressure 1 view
- Spanish Inflation Falls Back To Zero 1 view
- Vernalis, all eyes on the new cough/cold drug 1 view
- Lululemon Tanks on Guidance Woes 1 view
- Baylor Scott & White Health and Tenet to Partner on Five North Texas Hospitals 1 view