ModusLink Empowers Tassimo’s European E-Commerce Expansion with an End-to-End Solution
ModusLink Global SolutionsTM Inc. (NASDAQ:MLNK) , a global, omni-channel technology and fulfillment provider, announced today that it has been chosen by Tassimo, makers of a leading hot beverage system that uses smart technology to allow consumers to make coffee, tea, hot chocolate, cappuccino, espresso and lattes one cup at a time. ModusLink will execute end-to-end e-commerce operations throughout Europe for Tassimo, including the countries of Austria, Denmark, France, Germany, Greece, Ireland, Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland and the United Kingdom, as well as in Ukraine and Russia.
ModusLink will manage operations for Tassimo out of its Venray, Netherlands e-Commerce distribution center, coordinating financial transactions from multiple countries and providing a seamless experience for all consumers, no matter their region. ModusLink’s state-of-the-art Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) e-Commerce platform prevents further upfront technology investments by Tassimo and makes it quick and efficient for Tassimo to add new brands, coffee formats and regions in line with its expansion plans. The platform will integrate directly with the delivery system, making it easy for consumers to be automatically notified of pending shipments or to easily change delivery destination as needed to re-route the package to a business address, neighbor or pick up point.
“The ability to create a seamless multi-channel mobile first e-Commerce experience backed by a state-of-the-art back end operation were key in our decision to work with ModusLink,” said Niall O’Gorman, Global Director E-Commerce Strategy and Innovation, Mondelez International, Inc. “I’m very happy with the new e-Commerce setup for Tassimo powered by ModusLink, it provides a best in class experience to our end customers, will allow us to rapidly launch more brands, coffee formats and markets plus support great initiatives like subscription based ordering.”
Tassimo is the brand of Mondelez International, Inc. that provides consumers and businesses with a hot beverage system based on proprietary smart technology. Tassimo’s IntellibrewTM technology prepares every drink individually at the touch of a button, automatically scanning the barcode on each T DISC to obtain the information needed to prepare the beverage: the correct amount of water, brewing time and optimum temperature.
“Tassimo is recognized by consumers across the globe as one of the top coffee, tea, hot chocolate, cappuccino, espresso and latte brands. It was imperative for the company that its e-Commerce operations provide the same excellence that consumers have come to associate with its products,” said John Boucher, CEO of ModusLink. “Our global experience will ensure its positive brand experience remains – while making the back-end supply chain and e-Commerce operations more efficient and scalable.”
“More and more companies are seeing the advantage of running their own direct B2C sales operations,” added Bram Barendregt, ModusLink’s Vice President & General Manager, eBusiness. “However, once they start down that path many are finding that they aren’t – and don’t need to be – experts in e-Commerce, shipping, fulfillment, etc. to be successful. The key is finding a strong partner that can manage these processes for you, all the way from order to delivery and everything in between.”
About ModusLink Global Solutions
ModusLink Corporation, a wholly owned subsidiary of ModusLink Global Solutions Inc. (NASDAQ: MLNK), is a global, omni-channel technology and fulfillment provider that gives clients real-time visibility into their end-to-end supply and demand chain operations, with expertise and facilities worldwide to manage forward and reverse logistics. ModusLink is also affiliated with @Ventures which provides venture capital and growth resources to early stage clean technology companies. The company’s operations are supported by more than 25 sites across North America, Europe and the Asia/Pacific region. For more information, please visit www.moduslink.com.
ModusLink Global Solutions is a trademark of ModusLink Global Solutions, Inc. All other company names and products are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective companies.
- THE JOKER and Harley Quinn Bring Havoc, Chaos, Twists and Spins as Two New Rides Open for the 2015 Season 1 view
- US dollar hits monthly low on Fed speculation 1 view
- Gold Miners Gain Traction Against the Yellow Metal 1 view
- Polish Buses Offer On-Board Self-Ticketing with Verifone NFC Payment Devices 1 view
- Knowles Corporation Appoints New Chief Technology Officer 1 view
- China Takes Mantel as Largest African Sweet Crude Oil Importer 1 view
- Polish Industrial Production Recovers 1 view
- Unemployment benefit claims fall to five-year lows 1 view
- USD/CAD – it’s all about volume 1 view
- Asian Stocks Decline; But Not From Chinese Inflation Data 1 view
|Forex Broker Spreads »|
|Most Popular Articles »|
- Stocks Notch Up Losses for a Third Consecutive Session 1 view
- Alibaba becomes world’s biggest ever IPO 1 view
- US Dollar Pushes Higher as Yellen Weighs In 1 view
- Synchrony Financial and MEGA Group USA Extend Consumer Financing Agreement 1 view
- DCT Industrial Trust(R) to Present at Citi 2015 Global Property CEO Conference 1 view
- Oil breaks through a key level 1 view
- Intraday Comment 22/01/2015 1 view
- Care.com & Yahoo Parenting Happiness Survey Reveals People Without Kids Are Happier Than Parents; Yet, More Than Half of Them Think They’d Be Happier as Parents. Plus, a Majority of Parents Feel Happier Now That They Have Children. 1 view
- Green Dot’s GoBank Checking Account Launches Exclusively at Walmart 1 view
- US, global stocks rise amid revised IMF forecast 1 view