OpenTable App Integrates with NCR Aloha Point-of-Sale Solution to Bring Mobile Payments to More Diners
NCR Corporation (NYSE:NCR) , the global leader in consumer transaction technologies, and OpenTable, the world’s leading provider of online restaurant reservations and part of The Priceline Group (NASDAQ:PCLN) , today announced they have integrated OpenTable’s ‘Pay with OpenTable’ app with the industry-leading NCR Aloha point-of-sale solution via the NCR Hosted Application Protocol Interface (API) platform.
The NCR Hosted API Platform is a cloud-based gateway that allows third parties to integrate, maintain and deploy their services across NCR’s installed base of point-of-sale systems. This cloud offering allows payments through the OpenTable app to be tightly integrated into the NCR Aloha point-of-sale solution.
To pay with OpenTable, diners who book at participating restaurants simply add a credit card in the OpenTable app before they dine and then view and pay their check on their smartphone. There’s no separate app to download; no codes to enter; and no scanning or barcodes involved. Diners who pay with OpenTable simply get up and go whenever they’re ready.
“The integration with the NCR Aloha point-of-sale solution makes the OpenTable mobile payment experience even more widely available to our customers,” said Matt Roberts, Chief Executive Officer of OpenTable. “We’re excited about working together to power a payment and dining experience that is intuitive and elegant for both diners and restaurants.”
District, a restaurant in San Francisco, has been piloting the integrated solution since April.
“We have been using the NCR and OpenTable mobile payment functionality and are extremely encouraged by the initial benefits,” said Jon D’Angelica, co-owner of District. “We’re always looking for ways to improve communication flow between our guests and their server, and we feel enabling them to pay on their smartphones will help do this and create a better customer experience at District.”
Pay with OpenTable is currently available in select cities and restaurants across the U.S. and will be available to NCR Aloha customers in the second half of this year. To learn more about OpenTable mobile payments, watch “Life’s too short to wait for the check” and visit http://pay.opentable.com/ to view the current list of participating restaurants. Restaurants who are interested in providing their guests with the experience of paying with OpenTable can learn more at http://pay.opentable.com/restaurants.
“We want restaurant patrons to have the best experience possible while dining. Using NCR’s Hosted APIs to integrate the NCR Aloha point-of-sale solution with the OpenTable app is the newest way we do that,” said Paul Langenbahn, president, NCR Hospitality. “Consumers can take action and pay when they want instead of waiting, while restaurants can drive loyalty and engagement.”
OpenTable, part of The Priceline Group (NASDAQ:PCLN) , is the world’s leading provider of online restaurant reservations, seating more than 16 million diners per month via online bookings across more than 32,000 restaurants. The OpenTable network connects restaurants and diners, helping diners discover and book the perfect table and helping restaurants deliver personalized hospitality to keep guests coming back. The OpenTable service enables diners to see which restaurants have available tables, select a restaurant based on verified diner reviews, menus, and other helpful information, and easily book a reservation. In addition to the company’s website and mobile apps, OpenTable powers online reservations for nearly 600 partners, including many of the Internet’s most popular global and local brands. For restaurants, the OpenTable hospitality solutions enable them to manage their reservation book, streamline their operations, and enhance their service levels. Since its inception in 1998, OpenTable has seated more than 760 million diners around the world. OpenTable is headquartered in San Francisco and available throughout the United States, as well as in Canada, Germany, Japan, Mexico, and the UK.
About NCR Corporation
NCR Corporation (NYSE:NCR) is the global leader in consumer transaction technologies, turning everyday interactions with businesses into exceptional experiences. With its software, hardware, and portfolio of services, NCR enables more than 550 million transactions daily across retail, financial, travel, hospitality, telecom and technology, and small business. NCR solutions run the everyday transactions that make your life easier.
NCR is headquartered in Duluth, Georgia with over 30,000 employees and does business in 180 countries. NCR is a trademark of NCR Corporation in the United States and other countries. The company encourages investors to visit its web site which is updated regularly with financial and other important information about NCR.
- Lululemon Tanks on Guidance Woes 1 view
- Baylor Scott & White Health and Tenet to Partner on Five North Texas Hospitals 1 view
- Sterling Falters Against US Dollar As Data Drives Interest Rate Speculation 1 view
- No Rate Moves By ECB Or Bank Of England 1 view
- Cascade Engineering Improves Operations, Saves Time with QAD QMS 1 view
- CHARTS OF THE DAY 1 view
- American Water’s Customer Account Management Website, My H2O Online, Goes Mobile 1 view
- Gramercy Property Trust Inc. Reports Third Quarter 2014 Financial Results 1 view
- BIND Therapeutics Appoints Hagop Youssoufian, M.Sc., M.D. as Chief Medical Officer 1 view
- American manufacturers outpace expectations: ISM 1 view
|Forex Broker Spreads »|
|Most Popular Articles »|
- The Yen Continued to Weaken, Sterling was Also on the Move 1 view
- Bel First Quarter Net Earnings Increase 122%, Sales Set a Record $142.0 Million 1 view
- US Dollar Edges Higher on ADP Employment Report 1 view
- Sterling Breaks Out on Strong Momentum 1 view
- Sterling Slides as Minutes Reveal Hawkish Central Bank that is Not Yet Ready to Act 1 view
- Statistics Canada to Revise July Job Numbers Because of “Error” in Initial Estimate 1 view
- Strong GDP Growth From Ireland 1 view
- USD/JPY Breaks Out as MACD Generates Buy Signal 1 view
- US government shut down for the first time in 17 years 1 view
- Alliance Healthcare Services Establishes Partnership with The Pain Center of Arizona 1 view