NCR, Wells Fargo Develop New Full-Function Weatherized ATM
NCR Corporation (NYSE:NCR) , the global leader in consumer transaction technologies, worked with Wells Fargo (NYSE:WFC) to design and develop the industry’s first full function weatherized ATM for exterior walk-up environments. The new free standing ATMs will allow banks to deliver more services to customers in more locations. The ATM, NCR SelfServ 37, can perform a wide variety of banking functions including no-envelope cash and check deposit and can withstand extreme temperatures, humidity and rain, allowing for exterior installations without the need of expensive dedicated housing.
Existing weatherized ATMs perform only cash withdrawal; full-function ATMs require expensive external structures to protect them from moisture, heat and cold. As a free-standing ATM, the weatherized NCR SelfServ 37 requires less space and allows financial institutions to offer services including check cashing and bill payments closer to where customers live, work and shop. It is also designed to be installed and used in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). These ATMs are ideal for locations such as store fronts, coffee shops, parking lots, college campuses and other high traffic areas. The NCR SelfServ 37 is now available for order by all U.S. financial institutions.
Wells Fargo worked with NCR on the development of the NCR SelfServ 37 and has rolled out more than 50 units in California. The weatherized ATM development is part of the bank’s larger customer-centered innovation strategy to deliver more services at the ATM.
“Our customers rely on our ATM network for many aspects of their banking needs, not simply for cash withdrawals,” said Alicia Moore, head of Wells Fargo ATM Banking. “As we continue to add more features and benefits through our ATM channel, it is important that our ATMs have the flexibility to deliver those services in locations convenient for our customers. NCR has helped us innovate to accomplish just that.”
The NCR SelfServ 37 can perform normally in temperatures from -31o F (-35o C) to 113o F (45o C) and in 10 to 100 percent relative humidity, and features a sunlight-readable touchscreen display. The SelfServ 37 footprint takes up approximately 49 percent less space than a typical full-function ATM with its external structure.
“As the only FinTech provider that can seamlessly connect physical and digital channels, NCR understands the importance of helping banks provide convenience and personalized experiences to consumers,” said Adam Crighton, vice president and general manager of Financial Services Hardware, NCR Corporation. “Wells Fargo continues to be a pioneer in ATM technology and the industry’s first full-function weatherized ATM, the SelfServ 37, will help them offer more ATM services in more convenient locations for their customers. This is the type of innovation that financial institutions can expect from NCR as we continue investing in the ATM channel as part of our strategy to bring omni-channel banking to life.”
About Wells Fargo
Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE:WFC) is a nationwide, diversified, community-based financial services company with $1.7 trillion in assets. Founded in 1852 and headquartered in San Francisco, Wells Fargo provides banking, insurance, investments, mortgage, and consumer and commercial finance through more than 8,700 locations, 12,500 ATMs, and the internet (wellsfargo.com), and has offices in 36 countries to support customers who conduct business in the global economy. With approximately 265,000 team members, Wells Fargo serves one in three households in the United States. Wells Fargo & Company was ranked No. 29 on Fortune’s 2014 rankings of America’s largest corporations. Wells Fargo’s vision is to satisfy all our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. Wells Fargo perspectives are also available at Wells Fargo Blogs and Wells Fargo Stories.
About NCR Corporation
NCR Corporation (NYSE:NCR) is the global leader in consumer transaction technologies, turning everyday interactions with businesses into exceptional experiences. With its software, hardware, and portfolio of services, NCR enables more than 550 million transactions daily across retail, financial, travel, hospitality, telecom and technology, and small business. NCR solutions run the everyday transactions that make your life easier.
NCR is headquartered in Duluth, Georgia with over 30,000 employees and does business in 180 countries. NCR is a trademark of NCR Corporation in the United States and other countries.
Web sites: www.ncr.com
- CHARTS OF THE DAY 1 view
- American Water’s Customer Account Management Website, My H2O Online, Goes Mobile 1 view
- Gramercy Property Trust Inc. Reports Third Quarter 2014 Financial Results 1 view
- BIND Therapeutics Appoints Hagop Youssoufian, M.Sc., M.D. as Chief Medical Officer 1 view
- American manufacturers outpace expectations: ISM 1 view
- Crown Castle Expands Telemedicine Clinic, Adds Access for Employee Dependents 1 view
- The Yen Continued to Weaken, Sterling was Also on the Move 1 view
- Bel First Quarter Net Earnings Increase 122%, Sales Set a Record $142.0 Million 1 view
- US Dollar Edges Higher on ADP Employment Report 1 view
- Sterling Breaks Out on Strong Momentum 1 view
|Forex Broker Spreads »|
|Most Popular Articles »|
- Sterling Breaks Out on Strong Momentum 1 view
- Sterling Slides as Minutes Reveal Hawkish Central Bank that is Not Yet Ready to Act 1 view
- Statistics Canada to Revise July Job Numbers Because of “Error” in Initial Estimate 1 view
- Strong GDP Growth From Ireland 1 view
- USD/JPY Breaks Out as MACD Generates Buy Signal 1 view
- US government shut down for the first time in 17 years 1 view
- Alliance Healthcare Services Establishes Partnership with The Pain Center of Arizona 1 view
- US dollar maintains 81.00 1 view
- Stocks close mixed despite strong economic data 1 view
- US Demand, Global Prospects to Boost Canada’s Economy in 2014 1 view