Mellanox Collaborates with Supermicro to Deliver CloudX-based Hyper-Converged Infrastructure
OPENSTACK SUMMIT 2015 – Mellanox(R) Technologies, Ltd. (NASDAQ:MLNX) , a leading supplier of high-performance cloud networking solutions, today announced that it has collaborated with Super Micro Computer, Inc. (NASDAQ:SMCI) to provide hyper-converged OpenStack cloud-in-a-rack solutions based on the Mellanox CloudXTM reference architecture, Supermicro servers and storage, OpenStack cloud management software from Mirantis, and the state-of-the-art open source, scale-out, software-defined storage solutions such as Ceph and EMC ScaleIO.
Businesses of all sizes are turning to the cloud for an agile and elastic IT infrastructure to power their services and operations, and they see tremendous value in a pre-validated infrastructure that integrates compute, storage, networking and software into an efficient, application-centric cloud solution that is simple to deploy and easy to scale. In addition, increasingly powerful CPUs and fast storage have exposed the need for high-performance networking in cloud deployment to truly unleash cloud efficiency.
Mellanox CloudX answers these needs by defining a set of reference architectures that help businesses build turn-key, elastic and efficient cloud powered by high-performance, software-defined networking through Mellanox’s 10/40/56Gb/s interconnect products including ConnectX(R) adapters, SwitchX(R) Ethernet switches, LinkXTM cables and Unified Fabric ManagerTM (UFMTM) network management software. Supermicro brings the Mellanox CloudX reference architectures to life by integrating Mellanox’s high-performance networking products along with Supermicro’s high-density, cost-effective server and storage into orderable rack-level cloud solutions. These turn-key solutions are also delivered with OpenStack as cloud management platform, and/or storage management software such as Ceph and ScaleIO. Built to unleash cloud performance, these solutions will be ideal for Big Data/Hadoop, database, web services, Telco Network Function Virtualization (NFV), High Performance Computing (HPC), and enterprise Virtual Desktop Interface (VDI) type of applications. These solutions will be showcased at Mellanox booth S15 at OpenStack Summit Vancouver, and available from Supermicro direct as well as Supermicro authorized resellers and channel partners.
“We are confident that the collaboration with Supermicro will help further expand the footprint of Mellanox CloudX and bring unparalleled simplicity, elasticity and efficiency into our joint customers’ cloud deployments,” said Kevin Deierling, vice president of marketing, Mellanox Technologies. “This is not just a rack of hardware, but truly a turn-key cloud solution that is designed to run business applications right out of box, thanks to the advanced software integration with OpenStack, Ceph, and ScaleIO from our leading software partners such as Mirantis and EMC.”
“Supermicro and Mellanox are driving technology innovation to maximize workload density and increase cloud efficiency,” said Don Clegg, Vice President of Marketing and Business Development at Supermicro. “Our Industry-Leading Mellanox CloudX-based joint solution integrates Supermicro’s high-performance, high-efficiency, server and storage technologies with Mellanox’s high-speed networking to significantly accelerate OpenStack cloud performance, optimize workload density and maximize efficiency while simplifying the deployment of OpenStack solutions.”
“Many enterprises are looking into OpenStack as a way to leverage cloud computing to achieve business agility. Mirantis has a strong legacy of building OpenStack clouds and offers a robust OpenStack distribution that makes it easy to set up and operate a web-scale cloud,” said Boris Renski, co-founder and CMO at Mirantis. “We collaborated with Mellanox, a Mirantis Unlocked partner, on an Mellanox CloudX reference architecture for OpenStack that provides a set of rack-level designs that have been pre-validated with Mirantis OpenStack and Supermicro server and storage, giving an easy recipe that enterprises can follow to transition into next-generation cloud infrastructures.”
- Learn more about Mellanox CloudX
- Read Mellanox and Supermicro joint CloudX Solution Brief
- Follow Mellanox on Twitter, Facebook, Google+, LinkedIn, and YouTube
- Join the Mellanox Community
Mellanox Technologies is a leading supplier of end-to-end InfiniBand and Ethernet interconnect solutions and services for servers and storage. Mellanox interconnect solutions increase data center efficiency by providing the highest throughput and lowest latency, delivering data faster to applications and unlocking system performance capability. Mellanox offers a choice of fast interconnect products: adapters, switches, software, cables and silicon that accelerate application runtime and maximize business results for a wide range of markets including high-performance computing, enterprise data centers, Web 2.0, cloud, storage and financial services. More information is available at http://www.mellanox.com.
Mellanox, ConnectX and SwitchX are registered trademarks of Mellanox Technologies, Ltd. Mellanox CloudX, LinkX and Unified Fabric Manager are trademarks of Mellanox Technologies, Ltd. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.
- BIND Therapeutics Appoints Hagop Youssoufian, M.Sc., M.D. as Chief Medical Officer 1 view
- American manufacturers outpace expectations: ISM 1 view
- Crown Castle Expands Telemedicine Clinic, Adds Access for Employee Dependents 1 view
- The Yen Continued to Weaken, Sterling was Also on the Move 1 view
- Bel First Quarter Net Earnings Increase 122%, Sales Set a Record $142.0 Million 1 view
- US Dollar Edges Higher on ADP Employment Report 1 view
- Sterling Breaks Out on Strong Momentum 1 view
- Sterling Slides as Minutes Reveal Hawkish Central Bank that is Not Yet Ready to Act 1 view
- Statistics Canada to Revise July Job Numbers Because of “Error” in Initial Estimate 1 view
- Strong GDP Growth From Ireland 1 view
|Forex Broker Spreads »|
|Most Popular Articles »|
- Stocks close mixed despite strong economic data 1 view
- US Demand, Global Prospects to Boost Canada’s Economy in 2014 1 view
- CA Technologies Unlocks Management Insights Required to Win in the Application Economy 1 view
- Lululemon Tanks on Guidance Woes 1 view
- Baylor Scott & White Health and Tenet to Partner on Five North Texas Hospitals 1 view
- Sterling Falters Against US Dollar As Data Drives Interest Rate Speculation 1 view
- No Rate Moves By ECB Or Bank Of England 1 view
- Cascade Engineering Improves Operations, Saves Time with QAD QMS 1 view
- CHARTS OF THE DAY 1 view
- American Water’s Customer Account Management Website, My H2O Online, Goes Mobile 1 view