Wells Fargo Names Northern California Commercial Banking Leader
Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE:WFC) announced today it has named Rohan Kalbag, a company veteran with deep national and international experience, as head of Commercial Banking for Northern California. Based in Oakland, California, Kalbag oversees more than 100 team members at offices in Chico, Santa Rosa, Sacramento, Walnut Creek, and San Francisco.
This Smart News Release features multimedia. View the full release here: http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20150519005657/en/
Rohan Kalbag, EVP Wells Fargo Commercial Banking, Bay Area and Northern California (Photo: Business Wire)
Kalbag’s appointment follows the promotion of Lisa Finer, former head of Commercial Banking in the greater San Francisco Bay Area, who recently joined the company’s Corporate Risk Program Office.
Kalbag brings more than 13 years of financial services experience to his new Commercial Banking role. He began his career with Wells Fargo’s Global Banking Group as an international relationship manager for Northern California. He served in several management positions, including oversight of Asia-Pacific markets. While based in Hong Kong, Kalbag managed business in Japan, Taiwan, China, Singapore, India, Australia, and Hong Kong. Most recently, Kalbag served as the sales manager for Wells Fargo Commercial Banking in the West, including California, Oregon, and Washington.
“Given the complexity and scale of the Northern California market and the growing interest of companies here to do business globally, it’s important for us to have experienced bankers like Rohan advise our Bay Area customers,” said John C. Adams, head of Commercial Banking for the West Region. “Northern California is highly integrated with the global economy. Rohan’s leadership will be invaluable in helping local middle-market companies grow and expand their capabilities in the U.S. and overseas.”
Kalbag cited a recent Wells Fargo International Business Indicator survey that shows companies remain confident about the future of the global marketplace. A majority of the U.S. companies surveyed see long-term value in international expansion and expect to increase international business development planning in 2015. Additionally, nearly half believe business outside the U.S. will be increasingly important to their overall financial success in the coming year.
“I welcome the opportunity to help middle market companies in Northern California achieve their financial goals and expand domestically and internationally if that’s their objective,” said Kalbag. “The San Francisco Bay Area, and California in general, experience greater influence from the Asian markets due primarily to the proximity of the Ports of Oakland, Los Angeles and Long Beach, and the migration of people and businesses.”
Kalbag earned his bachelor’s degree from the University of Bristol, England. He also holds a master’s degree from University of London, and an MBA from the Haas School of Business at the University of California, Berkeley. Throughout his career, Kalbag has lived and worked in five countries, including Hong Kong, Australia, Taiwan, and the United Kingdom.
About Wells Fargo Commercial Banking
With more than 140 offices in 38 states and three Canadian provinces, Wells Fargo Commercial Banking provides local support for businesses with annual sales generally in excess of $20 million. Experienced relationship managers and lending managers live and work where our customers do business – places like Oakland, Santa Rosa, and Chico. Commercial Banking services – including asset-based lending, traditional secured loans, and capital markets – provide access to working capital for day-to-day operations and funding for growth. Commercial Banking also provides expertise and services for specific industries, including beverage, food and agribusiness, technology, health care, government, higher education, clean technology, and environmental services.
About Wells Fargo
Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE:WFC) is a nationwide, diversified, community-based financial services company with $1.7 trillion in assets. Founded in 1852 and headquartered in San Francisco, Wells Fargo provides banking, insurance, investments, mortgage, and consumer and commercial finance through more than 8,700 locations, 12,500 ATMs, and the internet (wellsfargo.com) and mobile banking, and has offices in 36 countries to support customers who conduct business in the global economy. With approximately 266,000 team members, Wells Fargo serves one in three households in the United States. Wells Fargo & Company was ranked No. 29 on Fortune’s 2014 rankings of America’s largest corporations. Wells Fargo’s vision is to satisfy all our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. Wells Fargo perspectives are also available at Wells Fargo Blogs and Wells Fargo Stories.
- Greek Current Account Deficit Widens 1 view
- UK House Prices Settle Down This Month 1 view
- Slight Drop In Japanese Inflation 1 view
- Schwab Announces Planned Launch of Schwab Intelligent Portfolios 1 view
- Western Union Holds 9th Annual Consumer Protection and Compliance Conference 1 view
- B&W Volund Consortium Awarded Contract To Build Waste-To-Energy Power Plant in Scotland 1 view
- Stocks Trade Mixed Ahead of Data and Earnings 1 view
- No Rate Moves By ECB Or Bank Of England 1 view
- The Federal Reserve Begins Its Two Day Meeting Today 1 view
- The Marcus Corporation Appoints Rachel McKinney Vice President of Human Resources 1 view
|Forex Broker Spreads »|
|Most Popular Articles »|
- US pending home sales decline sharply in October 1 view
- Semis Show Strong Seasonal Tendencies for April 1 view
- JPMorgan’s $7.2 Billion in Legal Fees Weigh on Earnings 1 view
- NTT America Builds on Strengths with New Channel Partner Program 1 view
- Cable Holds Ground Following Mixed Retail Sales Data 1 view
- Rent-A-Center Promotes Jonathan Parks to Vice President, Global Logistics and Distribution 1 view
- Dex Media and Yext Sign Agreement to Expand Small Business Internet Marketing Offerings 1 view
- Canadian housing starts rise in July 1 view
- Echelon Expands its IzoT Platform for the IIoT to Enable Multiprotocol Wired and Wireless Building Automation Systems 1 view
- US Groundbreaking, Building Permits Plunge in January 1 view