TenMarks, an Amazon Company, Launches Free Summer Math Program to Reverse Summer Learning Loss
TenMarks, an Amazon (NASDAQ:AMZN) company, is working hard to keep students engaged over the summer to reverse learning loss in math before heading back to school. The TenMarks Summer Math Program is a national program that provides students with a personalized course tuned to their individual learning needs, based on a summative end-of-year assessment. The program is available today and runs through August 31, 2015, and is available free to every family in the United States-parents should visit http://summer.tenmarks.com for more information and to sign up. The TenMarks Math for Students app is available for tablets on iOS, Android or Fire OS.
Research shows students lose two to three months of grade level math equivalency over the summer, which impacts their readiness for the next school year. With the TenMarks Summer Math Program, parents can encourage students to use screen time in a productive way over the summer, whether at home or on-the-go. Data from the 2014 program showed that students tested at the beginning of the program and then again at the end of the program averaged 11% increase in scores. Students who scored less than 70% on assessments at the beginning exhibited the biggest increase in scores with an average 16.5% gain, demonstrating further the gains that can be achieved with adaptive, personalized learning.
The TenMarks Summer Math Program is designed for students completing grade 1 through Geometry and Algebra 2, helping build their math foundation and skills over the summer break at their own pace and time, and benefitting teachers who typically spend the first few weeks of a school year re-introducing the previous years’ teachings. The program starts with a diagnostic assessment it uses to automatically create a personalized summer curriculum, which reviews concepts from the previous year, and introduces concepts for the year ahead. As students work through their curriculum, they use embedded hints and video lessons to refresh what they know while learning new material. The program adapts with targeted interventions for real-time learning assistance.
“In 2014, the TenMarks Summer Math Program helped reverse summer learning loss for over 69% of participating students-in just 8 weeks, with one hour of use per week, these students averaged a double-digit increase in scores from assessments conducted at the beginning and at the end of the program,” said Rohit Agarwal, Co-Founder of TenMarks and General Manager of Amazon K-12 Education. “By providing families with a free math program during the summer, we are able to help students nationwide start the school year with confidence. Staying on top of math-just as you would a summer reading list-and having exposure to the right type of math skills goes a long way in helping students get a successful start to the new school year.”
“Our district used the free Summer Math Program that TenMarks provides to help prevent summer learning loss for our students. Our teachers would tell you it did just that-helped to lessen that learning loss and keep students ‘fresh’ with their math concepts throughout the summer,” said Nancy Galusha, elementary math lead, Kettering City Schools. “Plus, our students would tell you it is fun, which is key for keeping them engaged during the summer months.”
“Our school in Pacific Palisades suggested TenMarks’ complimentary summer math program. My son completed the summer assignments and loved it,” said Tim, father of a student from Pacific Palisades, CA. “It was a great opportunity for him to learn math on his iPad.”
TenMarks believes that students learn best when they are individually engaged, nurtured, and motivated. Its programs are designed for the depth and rigor of the new math standards and every TenMarks lesson helps students build a strong conceptual foundation, improve problem-solving skills, and gain math confidence. With one-click differentiation, TenMarks Math enables teachers to easily differentiate instruction for a student’s specific needs, and is designed for self-paced learning.
In the last year, TenMarks has doubled the number of schools using its math programs and seen nearly 200% growth in student activity. TenMarks is now being used by millions of students across over 55,000 schools and over 12,000 districts, with its program used by teachers in over 85% of all districts in the U.S. In addition to the Summer Math Program, which runs May 19-August 31, 2015, TenMarks also offers:
- TenMarks Math Teach-a set of comprehensive teaching resources to prepare for and guide effective instruction for each math standard. In the last six months since launch, teachers at more than 20,000 schools have used the program for math instruction.
- TenMarks Math-a free program for teachers, designed to reinforce math instruction with assignments, assessments and real-time interventions for students. Comprehensive reports provide actionable insights at the individual student, class, school and district levels.
- Math Madness-an annual contest for grades 1 through Geometry and Algebra 2 that takes advantage of the hype of the college basketball tournament to improve students’ math knowledge and win prizes. The 2015 Math Madness program saw more than 100 million questions answered by students in just a six-week period.
TenMarks math programs have been used by millions of students across over 55,000 schools and over 12,000 districts. Each day, students across the country use TenMarks to improve their math skills and confidence. TenMarks believes that students learn best when they are individually engaged, nurtured, and motivated. To learn more, visit www.tenmarks.com.
Amazon.com opened on the World Wide Web in July 1995. The company is guided by four principles: customer obsession rather than competitor focus, passion for invention, commitment to operational excellence, and long-term thinking. Customer reviews, 1-Click shopping, personalized recommendations, Prime, Fulfillment by Amazon, AWS, Kindle Direct Publishing, Kindle, Fire phone, Fire tablets, and Fire TV are some of the products and services pioneered by Amazon.
- Government shutdown cost US economy $24 billion 2 views
- Chevron’s Earnings Fall on Rising Costs 1 view
- Yen Gains Traction After Robust Tankan Report 1 view
- Gilead Sciences Jumps Higher, Again… 1 view
- Weak Retail Sales Send US Dollar Tumbling 1 view
- Mixed Manufacturing Figures Across The Globe 1 view
- Harman to Collaborate with Pono and Neil Young to Bring Pono HD Music into the Car 1 view
- Fall in German Trade Balance 1 view
|Forex Broker Spreads »|
|Most Popular Articles »|
- Government shutdown cost US economy $24 billion 2 views
- FDA Approves Jakafi(R) (ruxolitinib) for the Treatment of Patients with Uncontrolled Polycythemia Vera 1 view
- Strong data lift riskier assets despite Syrian tensions 1 view
- Apple’s trade in push 1 view
- CommScope Targets Light Poles for Metro Cell Deployments 1 view
- USD/JPY below 120.00, EUR/USD up into 1.07 handle 1 view
- Priceline.com Rockets Higher 1 view