CA Technologies Selected By Working Mother Magazine as One of the 2015 “Best Companies for Multicultural Women”
CA Technologies (NASDAQ:CA) has been named one of the 2015 “Best Companies for Multicultural Women” by Working Mother magazine. This honor recognizes CA Technologies as one of the 25 U.S. corporations that create and use best practices to make sure women of color employees advance and excel.
“At CA, we celebrate and thrive on differences. We believe innovation is fostered in an inclusive and diverse workplace,” said Beth Conway, vice president, human resources for CA Technologies. “To achieve excellence and success we must have the best people, and we are pleased that Working Mother has acknowledged our commitment to providing the best talent looking across all the different strands of gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age, religion, culture and level of physical ability.”
Subha V. Barry, VP, General Manager, Working Mother Media, says, “The Best Companies for Multicultural Women know that diversity at all ranks of an organization is a business imperative, and they’re doing the hard work-fostering pipelines of talent nurturing careers of people of color and providing access to advancement programs-to ensure that all employees know they are valued.”
Jennifer Owens, director of the Working Mother Research Institute, says, “This year’s winners are truly the best when it comes to recruiting, retention and advancement of women of color. These Best Companies set the bar for corporate America.”
A full list of the 2015 Best Companies for Multicultural Women can be found on workingmother.com. Key findings from the 2015 Working Mother Best Companies for Multicultural Women initiative include:
- At 68% of the winning companies, managers’ compensation is impacted by their diversity results (up from 64% of winning companies in 2014).
- Multicultural women represent only 3% of all executives who have profit-and-loss responsibility at the Best Companies, and 9% of the executives who report directly to the CEO.
- This year, 84% of the companies are using outside recruiters to find multicultural talent, up from 76% one year ago.
- At the Best Companies, multicultural women represent 21% of the total workforce; multicultural men represent 18%. White women represent 32% and white men 29% of the total employees at the Best Companies.
- Over the last four years, the percentage of employees at the manager level who are multicultural women has held steady at 14%. However, as multicultural women move up the corporate ladder, their representation shrinks significantly. Multicultural women make up 8% of senior managers and only 4% of corporate executives. For multicultural men, the numbers are a bit higher, at 17% of managers, 14% of senior managers and 10% of corporate executives.
- Strikingly, the representation of multicultural women on the boards of directors has increased to 8% this year, after holding steady at 4% for three years. But the total female representation on boards of directors is at its lowest point (23%) since 2012.
The Working Mother Best Companies for Multicultural Women requires candidates to have at least 500 employees. The application includes more than 200 questions on representation; hiring, attrition and promotion rates; recruitment, retention and advancement programs; and company culture. The Working Mother Research Institute created a scoring algorithm based on the previous year’s benchmark results to determine the winners.
About Working Mother
Working Mother Media (WMM), a division of Bonnier Corporation (bonnier.com), publishes Working Mother magazine and its companion website, workingmother.com. The Working Mother Research Institute (workingmother.com/wmri), the National Association for Female Executives (nafe.com) and Diversity Best Practices (diversitybestpractices.com) are also units within WMM. WMM’s mission is to serve as a champion of culture change. Working Mother magazine is the only national magazine for career-committed mothers. Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Pinterest.
About CA Technologies
CA Technologies (NASDAQ:CA) creates software that fuels transformation for companies and enables them to seize the opportunities of the application economy. Software is at the heart of every business in every industry. From planning, to development, to management and security, CA is working with companies worldwide to change the way we live, transact, and communicate – across mobile, private and public cloud, distributed and mainframe environments. Learn more at www.ca.com.
Follow CA Technologies
Copyright (c) 2015 CA, Inc. All Rights Reserved. All trademarks, trade names, service marks, and logos referenced herein belong to their respective companies.
Sorry. No data so far.