GE Reports 2014 Sustainability Progress
GE (NYSE:GE) today released its 2014 Sustainability Report showing the progress of the company’s Ecomagination and healthymagination initiatives as well as measureable progress against nearly 40 environmental, social and governance goals and metrics. In 2014, GE invested more than $2 billion in research and development for Ecomagination and healthymagination innovations and projects with Ecomagination offerings generating $34 billion in revenue. GE along with its employees and retirees gave $200 million to community and educational organizations, including $108 million from the GE Foundation.
Additional highlights for 2014 include:
- Investment in clean-tech research and development: Since 2005, GE has invested $15B in Ecomagination R&D, on track to meet the commitment of $25B in total investment by 2020.
- An estimated 1 million GE volunteer hours were contributed through more than 5,500 company-sponsored initiatives in 2014.
- Increase revenues from Ecomagination products: In 2010, GE set an ambitious goal of growing revenues from Ecomagination offerings at twice the rate of total company revenue in five years. In 2014, Ecomagination met this objective with revenue totaling $34 billion.
- Reduce greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions and freshwater use: GE GHG emissions were reduced 31 percent from the adjusted 2004 baseline and GE’s freshwater use was reduced more than 42 percent from the 2006 baseline.
- The GE Foundation’s Developing Health program expanded its reach: since inception the program has reached 164 health centers in 42 U.S. cities. Together with the GE Foundation’s Developing Health Globally program, the company is also helping increase access to healthcare through more than 250 health centers in 15 countries, touching approximately 15 million lives.
All initiatives aim to keep the public informed. GE is continuing ongoing communications to engage with the public. The company maintains updated websites where people can learn more and engage in a dialogue about GE, its customers and its diverse stakeholders. GE ensures strong disclosure by holding more than 300 analyst and investor meetings annually.
GE imagines things others don’t, builds things others can’t and delivers outcomes that make the world work better. GE brings together the physical and digital worlds in ways no other company can. In its labs and factories and on the ground with customers, GE is inventing the next industrial era to move, power, build and cure the world.
Sorry. No data so far.