Safer Drivers Pay Less for Car Insurance with Snapshot Pay As You Drive Insurance Program from Progressive
Business travelers who park their cars at the airport several days a week. Families with an extra car they only drive occasionally. Drivers who avoid slamming on the brakes. They’re all less likely to be in an accident and can save money on their car insurance with Snapshot(R), the optional Pay As You Drive(R) insurance discount program from The Progressive Group of Insurance Companies(R), newly available for drivers in Indiana.
With Snapshot, consumers receive a personalized insurance rate based on their safe driving habits. Drivers currently earning discounts in the optional program are already saving an average of $150 per year. The program is now available to Progressive customers in Indiana and open for a free test drive to all drivers in the state even if they are not Progressive customers. To try Snapshot, visit: http://www.progressive.com/auto/snapshot-test-drive.aspx or call your local agent.
“More than 2.5 million drivers have participated in our program to get personalized car insurance rates by sharing information about their safe driving,” said Dave Pratt, Progressive’s general manager of usage-based insurance. “Now that Snapshot is available in Indiana, drivers in the state can stop paying for the poor driving of others and earn the discounts they deserve.”
Progressive has been awarded eight patents on the methods and systems used in Snapshot. From analyzing the billions of miles in driving data since the inception of Pay As You Drive insurance, Progressive has identified that actual driving behavior carries more than twice the predictive power of traditional rating variables.
How Snapshot Works
- Drivers who opt-in will receive a discount upon signing up, which they’ll keep until renewal as long as they leave the device plugged into their vehicle.
- Once drivers sign up for Snapshot, Progressive sends them a free device that fits in the palm of their hand and plugs into a socket under their dash. The Snapshot device automatically measures how, how much and when consumers drive their vehicle, then sends that driving data to Progressive to calculate the discount.
- Consumers who keep the device installed for their six-month policy term will receive their final rate at renewal and return the device to Progressive. Safe drivers will receive a discount while a small portion of the riskiest drivers could see a slightly higher rate. People who drive less, in safer ways and during safer times of day are more likely to get a discount. Of those who plug in the device, nearly eight out of 10 drivers save.
- Consumers can review their projected discount simply by visiting www.progressive.com and logging into their policy.
- Snapshot website: http://www.progressive.com/snapshot/
- Snapshot test drive website: http://www.progressive.com/auto/snapshot-test-drive.aspx
- Find a Snapshot certified local agent: http://www.progressiveagent.com
- Snapshot images for download: http://www.flickr.com/photos/progressive_insurance/sets/72157624777233319/
The Progressive Group of Insurance Companies makes it easy to understand, buy and use auto insurance. Progressive offers choices so consumers can reach it whenever, wherever and however it’s most convenient-online at progressive.com, by phone at 1-800-PROGRESSIVE, on a mobile device or in-person with a local agent.
Progressive provides insurance for personal and commercial autos and trucks, motorcycles, boats, recreational vehicles, and homes. Home insurance is underwritten by select carriers, including its majority-owned subsidiary, American Strategic Insurance (ASI).
Progressive is the fourth largest auto insurer in the country; a leading seller of motorcycle and commercial auto insurance; and through ASI, one of the top 20 homeowners carriers. Progressive also offers car insurance online in Australia at http://www.progressiveonline.com.au.
The Common Shares of The Progressive Corporation, the Mayfield Village, Ohio-based holding company, trade publicly at (NYSE:PGR) .
Sorry. No data so far.