Comcast and Level 3 Announce Long-Term Interconnection Agreement
Comcast and Level 3 Communications announced they have reached a new multi-year, bilateral interconnection agreement as part of a multifaceted arrangement that will help both companies meet their customers’ needs into the next decade and beyond. The new arrangement builds on the strong working relationship between Comcast and Level 3, and expands on the agreements already in place between the two companies.
This Smart News Release features multimedia. View the full release here: http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20150521005690/en/
“We are delighted to strengthen our relationship with Level 3. Today’s announcement reflects the important ways in which network participants exchange value in an innovative marketplace,” said John Schanz, chief network officer at Comcast Cable. “We place great value on our relationships with network partners like Level 3 and are continually seeking mutually beneficial, market-driven agreements that enhance value throughout the network.”
“We believe the agreement will benefit Level 3’s and Comcast’s customers for years to come,” said Jack Waters, chief technology officer for Level 3. “Our companies share the goal of enabling a growing, secure and resilient interconnection environment.”
Under the terms of the agreement, Comcast and Level 3 will enhance their existing network capacity while extending their mutual interconnection agreements, ensuring that both maintain ample capacity to exchange Internet traffic between their networks. The agreement covers both companies’ existing networks as well as any expansion that may occur during the term of the agreement.
About Comcast Corporation:
Comcast Corporation (Nasdaq: CMCSA, CMCSK) is a global media and technology company with two primary businesses, Comcast Cable and NBCUniversal. Comcast Cable is the nation’s largest video, high-speed Internet and phone provider to residential customers under the XFINITY brand and also provides these services to businesses. NBCUniversal operates news, entertainment and sports cable networks, the NBC and Telemundo broadcast networks, television production operations, television station groups, Universal Pictures and Universal Parks and Resorts. Visit www.comcastcorporation.com for more information.
About Level 3 Communications:
Level 3 Communications, Inc. (NYSE: LVLT) is a Fortune 500 company that provides local, national and global communications services to enterprise, government and carrier customers. Level 3’s comprehensive portfolio of secure, managed solutions includes fiber and infrastructure solutions; IP-based voice and data communications; wide-area Ethernet services; video and content distribution; data center and cloud-based solutions. Level 3 serves customers in more than 500 markets in over 60 countries across a global services platform anchored by owned fiber networks on three continents and connected by extensive undersea facilities. Level 3 services are provided by subsidiaries of Level 3 Communications, Inc. For more information, please visit www.level3.com or get to know us on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn.
- Cascade Engineering Improves Operations, Saves Time with QAD QMS 1 view
- US stocks left afloat as congress reaches resolution 1 view
- Western Union Offers Apple PayTM as New Pay-In Option for Money Transfer Customers 1 view
- Gramercy Property Trust Inc. Reports Third Quarter 2014 Financial Results 1 view
- MERZ North America Makes Milestone Payment to Foamix 1 view
- Crown Castle Expands Telemedicine Clinic, Adds Access for Employee Dependents 1 view
- Stocks Hold Upward Sloping Trend 1 view
- US Dollar Edges Higher on ADP Employment Report 1 view
- USD/CAD Tests Support as Negative Momentum Accelerates 1 view
- Strong GDP Growth From Ireland 1 view
|Forex Broker Spreads »|
|Most Popular Articles »|
- Strong GDP Growth From Ireland 1 view
- Eagle Point Credit Company Inc. Schedules Release of Quarterly Financial Results 1 view
- Alliance Healthcare Services Establishes Partnership with The Pain Center of Arizona 1 view
- US dollar maintains 81.00 1 view
- The Yen Weaken Driving the Nikkei Higher 1 view
- CA Technologies Unlocks Management Insights Required to Win in the Application Economy 1 view
- Eurozone Unemployment Improves Slightly 1 view
- Apple Unveils Apple Watch-Apple’s Most Personal Device Ever 1 view
- British pound soars on GDP 1 view