National PTA and LifeLock Announce Second Phase of Successful Digital Citizenship Collaboration
National PTA(R), the nation’s oldest and largest child advocacy association, and LifeLock, Inc. (NYSE:LOCK) , a leader in proactive identity theft protection, today announced the next phase of their joint campaign to empower families to make smarter, safer decisions online. Called #ShareAwesome, the first phase of the campaign focused on engaging teens in positive online behavior. For the next phase, the campaign will center on educating parents about how to navigate the evolving technology landscape.
“Technology has opened up a world of opportunities, especially for education. At the same time, it is essential to foster safe, positive use of digital and social media among youth,” said Otha Thornton, president of National PTA. “We are pleased to announce the next phase of our #ShareAwesome campaign with LifeLock and arm parents with the tools they need to have an open, ongoing conversation with their kids and help them make good choices online.”
“Parents want to connect with their kids about technology, but they don’t always have the tools to engage in the dialogue,” added Hilary Schneider, president of LifeLock. “We’re excited to continue our collaboration with National PTA and give parents the tools they need to be successful.”
The next phase of the #ShareAwesome campaign comes on the heels of a successful first year. In 2014, the program was anchored by a contest through which students were celebrated for using technology in positive ways. Students snapped a photo, shared it on social media marked with #ShareAwesome, and entered to win a $2,500 scholarship and Microsoft Surface Pro3 on a microsite, ShareAwesomeNow.org. The contest provided a unique way to encourage students to share an inspiring image and positive message with their peers and online communities. Highlights from the contest are featured in the #ShareAwesome gallery.
The grand prize winner of the #ShareAwesome contest, Mika Verner, was selected from among hundreds of entrants from across the country. Verner’s video entry was chosen from ten finalists, who were selected during the first round of the contest. National PTA and LifeLock presented Verner with her award at the Safer Internet Day 2015 celebration at Facebook’s headquarters. Additionally, Verner’s high school was awarded an entire suite of Google Chromebooks to meet the increasing demand for technology products that students can use in the classroom.
To learn more about the #ShareAwesome campaign, visit ShareAwesomeNow.org.
About National PTA
National PTA(R) comprises millions of families, students, teachers, administrators, and business and community leaders devoted to the educational success of children and the promotion of parent involvement in schools. PTA is a registered 501(c)(3) nonprofit association that prides itself on being a powerful voice for all children, a relevant resource for families and communities, and a strong advocate for public education. Membership in PTA is open to anyone who wants to be involved and make a difference for the education, health and welfare of children and youth.
LifeLock, Inc. (NYSE:LOCK) is a leading provider of proactive identity theft protection services for consumers and consumer risk management services for enterprises. LifeLock’s threat detection, proactive identity alerts, and comprehensive remediation services help provide peace of mind for consumers amid the growing threat of identity theft. Leveraging unique data, science and patented technology from ID Analytics, Inc., a wholly-owned subsidiary, LifeLock offers identity theft protection that goes significantly beyond credit monitoring. As part of its commitment to help fight identity theft, LifeLock works to train law enforcement and partners with a variety of non-profit organizations to help consumers establish positive habits to combat this threat.
- UK Retail Sales Decline at Fastest Pace in Almost 2 Years 1 view
- NASDAQ Breaks Out on Robust Momentum 1 view
- Canadian Retail Sales Could Show Modest Improvement in February 1 view
- Eurozone Inflation Remains Perilously Low 1 view
- Strong Dollar Drives Commodities Losses 1 view
- New Relic Announces Pricing of Initial Public Offering 1 view
- Howard Marks On Luck And Skill In Investing 1 view
- MeetMe Launches New Virtual Currency Product “Stickers” Inside Chat 1 view
- US Manufacturing Survey Improves 1 view
- Australian Currency Feels Pressure of a Rate Cut 1 view
|Forex Broker Spreads »|
|Most Popular Articles »|
- Rovi Corporation Issues Statement Regarding Engaged Capital’s Intention to Nominate Directors 1 view
- US Housing Starts Rise Nearly 30 Percent YOY 1 view
- US Dollar Index Gains as Euro, Pound Edge Lower 1 view
- CBTS Compliant with SSAE-16 and HIPAA Standards 1 view
- Daily Commentary – Forex Analysis 26/03/15 1 view
- Canadian Dollar Recovers from 3-Month Low as Trade Surplus Improves 1 view
- US stocks rebound as investors eye an end to the budget impasse 1 view
- Exterran Holdings Nominates Five New Directors to Its Board 1 view