TCF Financial Corporation Rebrands: Commits to Delivering a Service Experience “In Rhythm with” its Customers
TCF Financial Corporation (NYSE:TCB) today announced a comprehensive rebranding of the financial services company, including a new logo, branded materials and advertising. The rebrand aligns TCF’s businesses in retail and commercial banking, commercial leasing, equipment finance, auto finance and inventory finance around an integrated brand package and messaging. The rebrand is backed by an investment in new technology-driven banking experiences, new and enhanced products, and a renewed commitment to customer satisfaction.
“We have achieved a lot of success over the past several years transforming TCF into a national lending business serving many industry segments and backed by a strong, well-funded retail bank. The next step in our journey is to bring all of our businesses under one brand to reinforce our value proposition and deepen our customer relationships,” said William A. Cooper, TCF’s chairman and chief executive officer. “We want consumers and businesses to recognize that there is something different about the new TCF.”
“Rebranding TCF is our way of signifying that we are accelerating our investment in the customer experience, so that we continue to earn our place as our customers’ trusted ally to help them achieve their everyday and long-term financial goals,” added Craig R. Dahl, TCF’s vice chairman and president.
TCF will debut its new logo and brand image to the public starting June 1 through an integrated “In Rhythm with” campaign for TCF Bank, featuring relatable, memorable stories that bring to life TCF’s renewed commitment to the customer. The advertising campaign encompasses a series of relatable situations with iconic songs that personify TCF’s new brand and connect with consumers on an emotional level.
“The new advertising campaign recognizes the importance of being in rhythm with what is important to our customers,” said Geoffrey Thomas, managing director at TCF Bank. “We listened to our customers and are now making banking easier. Whether customers are preparing for a big life event or are going through everyday life, they can expect from us consistent and exemplary experiences with our people, products and services at every interaction and in every channel.”
Customers will also benefit from new and enhanced products, technologies and services that support the renewed customer experience. Recently, TCF introduced instantly issued debit cards, allowing customers to get a new personalized and permanent debit card issued instantly at every location. This eliminates the need to wait for a card to arrive by mail. Other product and service enhancements include:
- New ATMs – Consumers can make envelope-free cash and check deposits with check images printed on receipts. Twenty new ATMs are currently available at 13 locations in the Minneapolis/St. Paul metro and the company will install an additional 50 machines throughout its markets by the end of the year.
- Mortgage Services at Retail Locations - Expanded mortgage services now are offered in retail branches to provide a convenient and personal approach to home financing.
- Mobile and Online Banking – Enhancements to mobile and online banking make it easier to open accounts, make transactions and manage money anytime, anywhere.
- TCFBank.com – A new TCF Bank website that automatically resizes content to display on consumer devices, and geo-targeting functionality so that customers easily can locate the nearest branch or ATM at home or on the go.
- Apple Pay – Debit and credit card customers now can pay using Apple’s payment platform on any iPhone 6/6+ or Apple Watch.
- Customer Experience – A renewed commitment to delight customers with every interaction. Bank employees participated in new training programs focused on customer service skills and tools to ensure they provide an exemplary customer experience.
TCF’s new brand and TCF Bank’s new “In Rhythm with” advertising campaign were created by agency-of-record Periscope. The “In Rhythm” TV ads were directed by Christian Sorensen Hansen at Society in Los Angeles and edited by Channel Z in Minneapolis.
TCF is a Wayzata, Minnesota-based national bank holding company. As of March 31, 2015, TCF had $20 billion in total assets and 379 branches in Arizona, Colorado, Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Minnesota, South Dakota and Wisconsin, providing retail and commercial banking services. TCF, through its subsidiaries, also conducts commercial leasing, equipment finance, and auto finance business in all 50 states and commercial inventory finance business in all 50 states and Canada. For more information about TCF, visit tcfbank.com.
Sorry. No data so far.