IFF Publishes Sustainability Report with 2014 Performance Highlights
International Flavors & Fragrances Inc. (NYSE:IFF) , a leading global creator of flavors and fragrances for consumer products, today announced the publication of its 2014 sustainability report, Cultivating the Future. The report details the Company’s continuing commitment to the Triple Bottom Line, with strategic initiatives that strengthen corporate, social and environmental responsibility throughout the organization for the calendar year 2014.
“Like so many of our partners and customers, we are faced with pervasive mega trends that cannot be overlooked: global climate change, water scarcity, increasing world populations and health and wellness needs. Throughout 2014, we continued to address the global challenges faced by our industry while remaining committed to providing our customers with responsible products in their supply chains,” said Andreas Fibig, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer. “While our achievements to date are undoubtedly significant, challenges remain. We are focusing on addressing these challenges while embedding sustainability further within our corporate strategy, our culture and into everything we do at IFF.”
- Recognized by CDP for leadership in climate disclosure
- Surpassed our 2020 water reduction goal of 25% and increased the goal to 50%, thereby setting a leadership pace in water stewardship
- Completed installation of the largest solar array in the flavors and fragrances industry by partnering with a leading solar supplier
- Institutionalized our commitment to the 12 Principles of Green Chemistry, an important differentiator in product design, by expanding training to our scientists and engineers globally
- Increased our commitment to responsible sourcing through the purchase of Natural EthicsTM vanilla beans from Madagascar and supported the construction of a local primary school
- Led the industry by achieving Roundtable for Sustainable Palm Oil (RSPO) Supply Chain Certification for our key facilities in the United States, the United Kingdom and the Netherlands
- Achieved For Life Social Responsibility certification for IFF-LMR Naturals and its partner in Turkey
The report was prepared in accordance with the Global Reporting Initiative’s (GRI) G4 Core sustainability reporting guidelines. The full report and the GRI Content Index are available for viewing at the Company’s web site at www.iff.com/sustainability.aspx
International Flavors & Fragrances Inc. (NYSE:IFF) is a leading global creator of flavors and fragrances used in a wide variety of consumer products. Consumers experience these unique scents and tastes in fine fragrances and beauty care, detergents and household goods, as well as beverages, sweet goods and food products. The Company leverages its competitive advantages of consumer insight, research and development, creative expertise, and customer intimacy to provide customers with innovative and differentiated product offerings. A member of the S&P 500 Index, IFF has more than 6,200 employees working in 32 countries worldwide. For more information, please visit our website at www.iff.com and follow us on Twitter and LinkedIn
Sorry. No data so far.