Australia Glenn Stevens, RBA Governor Speech
|Latest Release:||22-10-2014 21:00:00|
|Next Release:||03-04-2014 02:00:00|
|Source:||Reserve Bank of Australia|
Of the three speeches by central bank chiefs yesterday, only the Pound was moved significantly with some help from a worse than expected US Durable Goods Orders figure â rallying half a cent. Speeches by RBA Governor Glenn Stevens and ECB President Mario Draghi did not provide anything new for traders to get excited over, though Stevens did discuss macro-prudential controls as an alternative to interest rates to fight out of control housing speculation.
US data has been the main focus to close out a quiet week; New Home Sales surprised to the upside on Wednesday with a reading of 504,000 versus analyst expectations of 432,000; Durable Goods Orders conversely surprised to the downside, with a decline of 18.2% â the figure is not as bad as it appears, given that last month saw a large increase due to aircraft orders and the large month on month decline is strongly affected by this. There were no surprises in the employment data, with Unemployment Claims coming in as-expected at 293,000 in line with trend. US Final GDP will be announced tonight to round out the week; the...
Forex » Aussie consolidates higher despite warning over...Posted Sep 24th, 2014 at 01:59 PM
The Australian dollar edged higher against its US counterpart on Wednesday amid signs the Reserve Bank of Australia was going to take steps to contain the countryâs increasingly âunbalancedâ...
Analysis and Opinion » Australian Dollar Continues DeclinesPosted Sep 24th, 2014 at 07:31 AM
There were no fireworks during Mario Draghiâs testimony on Monday, with the President indicating that the economic recovery in the euro area is losing momentum, and that announced liquidity...
Analysis and Opinion » Australia 2Q GDP Rose Higher Than the Earlier...Posted Sep 3rd, 2014 at 12:50 PM
Australia Gross domestic product (GDP) increased by 0.5% in the June quarter. Australiaâs economy is expanding at a modest pace in 2Q. GDP increased by 0.5% in the June quarter, adding to growth...
Analysis and Opinion » A High Impact News WeekPosted Sep 1st, 2014 at 06:58 AM
Markets are in for a roller coaster week of important data, bringing some much needed volatility and trading opportunities. The first week of the new month, as always, is heavy with important central...
|Forex Broker Spreads »|
|Most Popular Articles »|
- MiTek and HLK Win 2014 “Brand Builder Award” from Hanley Wood Publishers 2 views
- Herbalife Welcomes 45 International Students from Prepa Tecnol’ogico de Monterrey 2 views
- Synchrony Financial and Pep Boys Extend Consumer Financing Program 2 views
- Canadian Dollar Holds 0.92 amid Weak Manufacturing Data 1 view
- Slippage Evident In Portugal’s Current Account Balance 1 view
- American manufacturers outpace expectations: ISM 1 view
- David Chivers named president and publisher of The Des Moines Register 1 view
- PBTEEN UNVEILS ECO-CONSCIOUS CAPSULE COLLECTION WITH WORLD CHAMPION SURFER KELLY SLATER 1 view
- Acteon Group standardisiert Sanktionslistenpr”ufung mit Amber Road 1 view
- Icahn calls for changes at Apple 1 view