|Latest Release:||05-02-2015 13:30:00|
|Next Release:||14-11-2013 13:30:00|
The Canadian dollar fell to a fresh six-month low against the greenback on Friday, as US employers added workers at a faster pace in September and the unemployment rate fell to a six-year low.
The loonie, as the Canadian dollar is known, declined 0.71 percent to 0.8897 US. The loonie was trading near the intraday low, as the markets weighed the latest batches of US data. The Canadian dollar is pacing for a weekly decline of 0.7 percent, after having depreciated in value by 5.1 percent over the last three months.
The markets reacted sharply to the Labor Departmentâs employment report, which was released at 8:30 am EST. The US economy added 248,000 nonfarm payrolls in September, blowing past estimates calling for 215,000. Augustâs figure was revised upward to reflect growth of 180,000, following a disappointing advance estimate showing only 142,000.
The unemployment rate declined 0.2 percentage points to 5.9 percent, a new six-year low, and is now approaching the critical 5.5 percent level that many economists consider healthy.
Declining unemployment and a faster rate of job creation took the spotlight away from earnings growth, which stagnated in September. Average hourly earnings were unchanged, despite estimates calling for an increase of 0.2 percent. Year-on-year, earnings had grown only 2 percent.
A tighter labour market is all the...
Forex » USD/CAD eases off 1.12 on mixed economic dataPosted Oct 1st, 2014 at 10:09 PM
The US dollar declined against its Canadian counterpart on Wednesday, as mixed economic data kept the greenbackâs rally contained. The USD/CAD reached an intraday high of 1.1222, the pairâs...
Forex » Canadian Dollar Recovers from 3-Month Low as...Posted Aug 6th, 2014 at 05:16 PM
The Canadian dollar rebounded from a three-month low against its US counterpart Wednesday, as exports continued to climb amid geopolitical tensions. The loonie, as Canadaâs currency is called,...
|Forex Broker Spreads »|
|Most Popular Articles »|
- Jazz Pharmaceuticals and Concert Pharmaceuticals Provide JZP-386 Program Update 7 views
- German Retail Sales Increase at Sharpest Rate in 7 years 6 views
- Synchrony Financial and MEGA Group USA Extend Consumer Financing Agreement 5 views
- Why Gold should hate the appreciating US Dollar 4 views
- Morgan Stanley Global Stock Plan Services Launches StockPlan Connect 3 views
- Trading Outlook – NZD/USD 3 views
- USD/CAD Tests Support as Negative Momentum Accelerates 3 views
- SFX Acquires 50% of Leading Tour Producer Alda Events 3 views
- AIG Names Rhodri Williams Vice President, Communications and Public Affairs for Europe, Middle East, and Africa 2 views
- American Water’s Customer Account Management Website, My H2O Online, Goes Mobile 2 views