Canada Core Consumer Price Index - YoY
|Latest Release:||20-03-2015 12:30:00|
|Next Release:||22-11-2013 13:30:00|
The Canadian dollar climbed for the fourth time in five days against its US counterpart, as core Canadian inflation rose faster than forecast in August, while a dearth of economic data in the United States kept speculation to a minimum.
The loonie, as the Canadian currency is called, climbed to an intraday high of 0.9181 US. It would subsequently consolidate at 0.9157, US, advancing 0.15 percent. The loonie has been on an upward climb since Monday, supported by strong Canadian manufacturing data, stimulus measures in China and a renewed commitment for low interest rates from the US Federal Reserve.
The Canadian dollar has advanced 1.6 percent against the greenback this week.
In economic data, Canadian consumer prices were up across the board in August, as all 12 components of the closely watched consumer price index increased.
Consumer prices rose 2.1 percent in the 12 months through August, unchanged from the previous month, Statistics Canada reported today in Ottawa. Economists forecast an identical increase.
So-called core inflation, which strips away volatile elements such as food and energy, advanced 0.5 percent in August, following a 0.1 percent drop the previous month. Year-on-year, this translated into a gain of 2.1 percent. Economists forecast an annual...
|Forex Broker Spreads »|
|Most Popular Articles »|
- Checkpoint Systems Enables Retailers to Use Same RFID Label for Four Apparel Categories, Including Footwear, to Streamline Source Tagging 4 views
- Spanish Retail Sales Numbers Improve 3 views
- Canadian Retail Sales Could Show Modest Improvement in February 3 views
- S&P 500 hits a new all-time high 2 views
- UK Retail Sales Decline at Fastest Pace in Almost 2 Years 2 views
- Ensco plc Schedules First Quarter 2015 Earnings Release and Conference Call 2 views
- German Industrial Production Tumbles 1 view
- Mixed Data has Created Risk Aversion 1 view
- Senate leaders reach accord to end budget impasse 1 view
- Western Union Offers Apple PayTM as New Pay-In Option for Money Transfer Customers 1 view