China Markit Services PMI
|Latest Release:||03-12-2014 01:45:00|
|Next Release:||08-10-2013 01:45:00|
Australia Gross domestic product (GDP) increased by 0.5% in the June quarter.
Australiaâs economy is expanding at a modest pace in 2Q. GDP increased by 0.5% in the June quarter, adding to growth of 3.1% over the 2013-14 financial years. Still, if we only consider this number, it is pretty much positive, as it was better than forecasts for a 0.4% quarterly expansion and an annual rate of 3.0%.
But it was much slower than the pace that was recorded in the March quarter. The domestic final demand, which measures the total spending in the economy, rose up 0.4% in the quarter and was up 1.4% over the year.
Glenn Stevens said he expects economic growth to be a little below trend over the year ahead, despite continued low interest rates. The key restraint on growth in the quarter came from exports, which detracted 0.9 percentage points, nearly reversing their strong start to the year. The main positive for the economy in the quarter was the rebuilding of business inventories â stock on shelves and in warehouses â which added 0.9 percentage points.
Australia hasnât recorded two consecutive quarters of economic contraction, the technical requirement for recession, in 23 years, as government stimulus and a mining investment booms to meet Chinese demand powered growth. Overall, long...
Forex » Canadian Dollar Recovers from 3-Month Low as...Posted Aug 6th, 2014 at 05:16 PM
The Canadian dollar rebounded from a three-month low against its US counterpart Wednesday, as exports continued to climb amid geopolitical tensions. The loonie, as Canadaâs currency is called,...
Forex » Strong US Data, Declining Oil Prices send...Posted Aug 6th, 2014 at 01:24 AM
The Canadian dollar declined sharply against its US counterpart Tuesday, as a combination of weak oil prices and strong US data kept demand for the commodity currency in check. The loonie, as...
|Forex Broker Spreads »|
|Most Popular Articles »|
- Cinedigm and TV4 Entertainment Form Partnership to Develop and Launch Niche OTT Channels 6 views
- Cody Garrett Crowned 2014 Delo Tractor Restoration Competition Champion 2 views
- Guidewire Software Announces Addition of B-Prost and JIEC to its PartnerConnect Program 2 views
- Pebblebrook Hotel Trust to Host Institutional Investor and Security Analyst Conference in San Francisco, California September 28 & 29, 2015 2 views
- Sensory NeuroStimulation Inc. Establishes $1.5 Million Credit Facility With Silicon Valley Bank 2 views
- Citi Appointed Successor Depositary Bank for CPFL Energia S.A.’s Sponsored ADR Program 2 views
- Ryder to Address Raymond James Institutional Investors Conference 2 views
- Grace and Chevron Joint Venture, ART, to Build World-Class Catalysts Plant at Grace’s Lake Charles, LA Site 2 views
- Trading Gold Versus Silver 2 views
- Pangaea Logistics Solutions Announces the Delivery of the 1A Ice-Class Panamaxes Nordic Olympic and Nordic Odin 1 view