EMU ZEW Survey - Economic Sentiment
|Latest Release:||16-12-2014 10:00:00|
|Next Release:||21-01-2014 10:00:00|
|Source:||Zentrum fÃ¼r EuropÃ¤ische Wirts...|
The euro was little changed against the US dollar on Tuesday, as Eurozone investor sentiment continued to deteriorate this month in the face of an escalating sanctions war between the West and Russia.
The euro-to-dollar exchange rate fluctuated very little on Tuesday, trading between 1.2923 and 1.2967. The pair would subsequently consolidate at 1.2943, advancing just 0.03 percent. The daily chart shows initial support situated at 1.2908. On the upside, initial resistance is likely found at 1.2973.
The euro strengthened against the British pound as the prospect of an independent Scotland continued to weigh on the markets. The latest polls suggest the No campaign has a very narrow lead, although that can change in a hurry, according to analysts monitoring the events.
Meanwhile, British consumer inflation rose faster than forecast in August, the Office for National Statistics reported today. Core consumer prices increased at an annual rate of 1.9 percent, following a 1.8 percent increase the previous month.
The euro-to-pound exchange rate advanced 0.2 percent to 0.7988. The pair faces initial support at 0.7950 and resistance at 0.7990.
In Eurozone data, the Centre for European Economic Research (ZEW) said investor confidence declined sharply, as escalating tensions between the West and Russia and a deteriorating economic climate in Europe weighed on sentiment.
The Eurozone economic sentiment index fell to 14.2 in...
Forex » Eurozone Economic Sentiment PlummetsPosted Sep 16th, 2014 at 09:58 AM
Economic sentiment continues to deteriorate in the Eurozone according to the latest September report from Germanyâs Zentrum fÃ¼r EuropÃ¤ische Wirtschaftsforschung (ZEW). The current reading just...
Forex » Canadian Dollar’s Modest Rebound in JeopardyPosted Aug 11th, 2014 at 04:40 PM
The Canadian dollar edged higher against its US counterpart Monday, but the rebound is expected to be short-lived as weak fundamentals and escalating geopolitical tensions continue to weigh on the...
|Forex Broker Spreads »|
|Most Popular Articles »|
- Cinedigm and TV4 Entertainment Form Partnership to Develop and Launch Niche OTT Channels 6 views
- Ryder to Address Raymond James Institutional Investors Conference 2 views
- Grace and Chevron Joint Venture, ART, to Build World-Class Catalysts Plant at Grace’s Lake Charles, LA Site 2 views
- Trading Gold Versus Silver 2 views
- Cody Garrett Crowned 2014 Delo Tractor Restoration Competition Champion 2 views
- Guidewire Software Announces Addition of B-Prost and JIEC to its PartnerConnect Program 2 views
- Pebblebrook Hotel Trust to Host Institutional Investor and Security Analyst Conference in San Francisco, California September 28 & 29, 2015 2 views
- Western Union Offers Apple PayTM as New Pay-In Option for Money Transfer Customers 2 views
- Sensory NeuroStimulation Inc. Establishes $1.5 Million Credit Facility With Silicon Valley Bank 2 views
- Citi Appointed Successor Depositary Bank for CPFL Energia S.A.’s Sponsored ADR Program 2 views