EMU ECB President Mario Draghi Speech
|Latest Release:||15-10-2014 18:00:00|
|Next Release:||12-04-2014 19:00:00|
|Source:||European Central Bank|
Of the three speeches by central bank chiefs yesterday, only the Pound was moved significantly with some help from a worse than expected US Durable Goods Orders figure â rallying half a cent. Speeches by RBA Governor Glenn Stevens and ECB President Mario Draghi did not provide anything new for traders to get excited over, though Stevens did discuss macro-prudential controls as an alternative to interest rates to fight out of control housing speculation.
US data has been the main focus to close out a quiet week; New Home Sales surprised to the upside on Wednesday with a reading of 504,000 versus analyst expectations of 432,000; Durable Goods Orders conversely surprised to the downside, with a decline of 18.2% â the figure is not as bad as it appears, given that last month saw a large increase due to aircraft orders and the large month on month decline is strongly affected by this. There were no surprises in the employment data, with Unemployment Claims coming in as-expected at 293,000 in line with trend. US Final GDP will be announced tonight to round out the week; the...
Analysis and Opinion » Australian Dollar Continues DeclinesPosted Sep 24th, 2014 at 07:31 AM
There were no fireworks during Mario Draghiâs testimony on Monday, with the President indicating that the economic recovery in the euro area is losing momentum, and that announced liquidity...
Analysis and Opinion » Draghi TestifiesPosted Sep 22nd, 2014 at 08:34 AM
The data flow is front loaded this week, with some important PMIâs scheduled for release on Tuesday. High impact European and Chinese PMIâs will be out, with most other country releases set for...
Analysis and Opinion » Australian Dollar Takes a TumblePosted Sep 10th, 2014 at 11:08 AM
The Pound continued to fall a further one and a half cents against the US dollar on fears of a split between the UK and Scotland at the upcoming referendum for independence, completed on September...
Forex » Euro under pressure as German CPI stabilizesPosted Aug 28th, 2014 at 01:50 PM
The euro tumbled against its US counterpart Thursday, as disappointing Eurozone sentiment data and weak German consumer inflation placed more pressure on the European Central Bank to act decisively...
Forex » US Dollar Eyes 12-Month HighPosted Aug 25th, 2014 at 04:20 PM
The US dollar advanced further against a basket of currencies on Monday, as expectations of added stimulus in Japan and the Eurozone contrasted with growing signs the US Federal Reserve was...
Forex » Euro on its Heels ahead of Draghiâs Jackson...Posted Aug 22nd, 2014 at 03:15 PM
The euro was trading lower against the US dollar and British pound Friday, as investors shifted their attention to the annual Jackson Hole Symposium that features a keynote speech from European...
Analysis and Opinion » Sterling Steady Ahead of Jackson Hole; RSI is...Posted Aug 22nd, 2014 at 11:25 AM
The GBP/USD is trading in a tight range ahead of the speeches Friday at the Jackson Hole conference. Cable is hovering near 1.6570, below yesterday's 1.6602 peak. EUR/GBP is also steady in the low...
Analysis and Opinion » FOMC Minutes Discuss Rate RisesPosted Aug 22nd, 2014 at 09:55 AM
The Pound briefly spiked higher on Wednesday as the MPCâs Bank Rate Votes showed that two members had voted to increase rates â a break from expectations and several years of interest rate...
|Forex Broker Spreads »|
|Most Popular Articles »|
- Cinedigm and TV4 Entertainment Form Partnership to Develop and Launch Niche OTT Channels 6 views
- Grace and Chevron Joint Venture, ART, to Build World-Class Catalysts Plant at Grace’s Lake Charles, LA Site 2 views
- Trading Gold Versus Silver 2 views
- Cody Garrett Crowned 2014 Delo Tractor Restoration Competition Champion 2 views
- Guidewire Software Announces Addition of B-Prost and JIEC to its PartnerConnect Program 2 views
- Pebblebrook Hotel Trust to Host Institutional Investor and Security Analyst Conference in San Francisco, California September 28 & 29, 2015 2 views
- Sensory NeuroStimulation Inc. Establishes $1.5 Million Credit Facility With Silicon Valley Bank 2 views
- Citi Appointed Successor Depositary Bank for CPFL Energia S.A.’s Sponsored ADR Program 2 views
- Ryder to Address Raymond James Institutional Investors Conference 2 views
- Euro Poised to Test Lower Levels a Yields Tumble to 2014 Lows 1 view