EMU Producer Price Index - YoY
|Latest Release:||02-12-2014 10:00:00|
|Next Release:||07-01-2014 10:00:00|
The dollar has continued to climb with the EUR/USD making a fresh one-year low of 1.3116. The drop in Eurozone PPI to -1.1% year over year aided the gains in the greenback, while Mondayâs weak manufacturing PMI data out of the Eurozone, also has given the greenback an indirect underpinning.
Separately, The RBA additionally gave the AUD/USD a helping nudge lower following its policy review Tuesday, where it left interest rates at 2.5% for the 13th straight month and repeated that the Australian dollar remains overvalued.
Eurozone July producer price inflation fell to -1.1% year over year from -0.8% year over year in the previous month, with prices down 0.1% month over month. The headline rate was in line with expectations and once again mainly driven by base effects from lower energy prices. Excluding energy the annual rate remained steady at a much more modest -0.1% year over year, which is in fact up from -0.5% year over year in February. So underlying negative inflation pressures are less pronounced than the headline rate suggests which ties in with the uptick in core CPI inflation in August. The Interest rate differential continued to move in favor of the greenback, pushing the currency pair lower.
|Forex Broker Spreads »|
|Most Popular Articles »|
- Judge Rhodes grants Detroit Chapter 9 protection 29 views
- Simplay Labs Develops Industry First Miracast HDCP Protocol Analyzer 3 views
- Cigna-HealthSpring Unveils New Fitness Benefit Provided Through Silver&Fit Exercise and Healthy Aging Program 3 views
- hi HealthInnovations’ Hearing Test Kit For Primary Care Physicians Receives U.S. Patent 2 views
- AirPatrol and Pay Tel Announce Partnership to End Contraband Cell Phone Use in Correctional Facilities 2 views
- LabCorp’s Enlighten Health Launches Innovative Genomics Initiative 2 views
- Daily Commentary – Forex Analysis 26/03/15 1 view
- Canadian dollar: Friday outlook 1 view
- Pandora Hires Steve Ben’e as General Counsel 1 view
- CITIC Limited and KKR Jointly Invest in United Envirotech 1 view