EMU Producer Price Index - YoY
|Latest Release:||02-12-2014 10:00:00|
|Next Release:||07-01-2014 10:00:00|
The dollar has continued to climb with the EUR/USD making a fresh one-year low of 1.3116. The drop in Eurozone PPI to -1.1% year over year aided the gains in the greenback, while Mondayâs weak manufacturing PMI data out of the Eurozone, also has given the greenback an indirect underpinning.
Separately, The RBA additionally gave the AUD/USD a helping nudge lower following its policy review Tuesday, where it left interest rates at 2.5% for the 13th straight month and repeated that the Australian dollar remains overvalued.
Eurozone July producer price inflation fell to -1.1% year over year from -0.8% year over year in the previous month, with prices down 0.1% month over month. The headline rate was in line with expectations and once again mainly driven by base effects from lower energy prices. Excluding energy the annual rate remained steady at a much more modest -0.1% year over year, which is in fact up from -0.5% year over year in February. So underlying negative inflation pressures are less pronounced than the headline rate suggests which ties in with the uptick in core CPI inflation in August. The Interest rate differential continued to move in favor of the greenback, pushing the currency pair lower.
|Forex Broker Spreads »|
|Most Popular Articles »|
- Spanish Retail Sales Numbers Improve 6 views
- Humana At Home Acquires Your Home Advantage 4 views
- Synchrony Financial and MEGA Group USA Extend Consumer Financing Agreement 4 views
- Ethisphere Names The Principal One of the World’s Most Ethical Companies 3 views
- Western Union Offers Apple PayTM as New Pay-In Option for Money Transfer Customers 3 views
- Los Angeles Times and EPIX Create Original Five-Part TV Series “Hollywood Sessions” to Premiere December 8th at 8pm ET/PT 2 views
- Gramercy Property Trust Announces Acquisition of a $7.0 Million Industrial Property in Atlanta, GA 2 views
- Synchrony Financial and Pep Boys Extend Consumer Financing Program 2 views
- US service economy maintains growth in October: ISM 2 views
- Further Fall In Eurozone Inflation 1 view