EMU Retail Sales - YoY
|Latest Release:||03-12-2014 10:00:00|
|Next Release:||06-11-2013 10:00:00|
One of the few bright spots in the struggling Eurozone economy appears to be the consumer sector according to the latest Retail Sales data just released by Eurostat. The August figures have produced a positive surprise in terms of the magnitude of the pick up in the sector. Year on year the data is showing 1.9% growth in Eurozone Retail Sales, this follows a revised July reading of just 0.5%, analysts had not been anticipating any change from this level. Month on month the retail trade growth is now registering at 1.2% in contrast to the July contraction of -0.4%, a pick up was expected here but only to approximately 0.1%.
Beyond the consumer sector the Eurozone growth recovery has unquestionably stalled, Purchasing Managers Index (PMI) data this week across the key sectors has shown general contraction in both Services and Marketing with some minor expansion in Construction. The spotlight is continuing to shine on the European Central Bank (ECB) as further monetary stimulus is desperately sought in the face of stagnation brought on by protracted fiscal austerity.
Yesterdayâs ECB meeting was not expected to deliver anything on the Interest Rate side, there is little further capacity to do so, it was however closely watched for clarity on the Bankâs active and proposed liquidity expansion programs. There was no further indication of the timing of a...
|Forex Broker Spreads »|
|Most Popular Articles »|
- Canadian dollar holds ground despite weak retail sales data 7 views
- Accuvant and FishNet Security Continue Transformation; Unveil New Logo 3 views
- US dollar rebounds as Ukraine tensions ease 2 views
- Coty Inc. Appoints Camillo Pane as Executive Vice President, Category Development 2 views
- US Retail Sales Rebound in February 2 views
- Zoetis to Participate in the 33rd Annual J.P. Morgan Healthcare Conference 2 views
- Zoetis to Participate in Piper Jaffray 26th Annual Healthcare Conference 2 views
- William Lyon Homes Partners with Stearns Lending to Launch William Lyon Mortgage, LLC 2 views
- ITT’s Bornemann SLH-4G Twin-Screw Pump Receives EHEDG EL Aseptic Certificate 2 views
- UK Distributive Trades Data Misses Target 1 view