EMU Retail Sales - YoY
|Latest Release:||03-12-2014 10:00:00|
|Next Release:||06-11-2013 10:00:00|
One of the few bright spots in the struggling Eurozone economy appears to be the consumer sector according to the latest Retail Sales data just released by Eurostat. The August figures have produced a positive surprise in terms of the magnitude of the pick up in the sector. Year on year the data is showing 1.9% growth in Eurozone Retail Sales, this follows a revised July reading of just 0.5%, analysts had not been anticipating any change from this level. Month on month the retail trade growth is now registering at 1.2% in contrast to the July contraction of -0.4%, a pick up was expected here but only to approximately 0.1%.
Beyond the consumer sector the Eurozone growth recovery has unquestionably stalled, Purchasing Managers Index (PMI) data this week across the key sectors has shown general contraction in both Services and Marketing with some minor expansion in Construction. The spotlight is continuing to shine on the European Central Bank (ECB) as further monetary stimulus is desperately sought in the face of stagnation brought on by protracted fiscal austerity.
Yesterdayâs ECB meeting was not expected to deliver anything on the Interest Rate side, there is little further capacity to do so, it was however closely watched for clarity on the Bankâs active and proposed liquidity expansion programs. There was no further indication of the timing of a...
|Forex Broker Spreads »|
|Most Popular Articles »|
- Jazz Pharmaceuticals and Concert Pharmaceuticals Provide JZP-386 Program Update 8 views
- American Water’s Customer Account Management Website, My H2O Online, Goes Mobile 4 views
- Triumph Group Announces Agreement with Spirit AeroSystems to Assume Production of Gulfstream G650 and G280 Wing Programs 2 views
- Yen gains ground against the greenback 2 views
- US Manufacturing Industry Rebounds Sharply in February: Markit 2 views
- Experts and Thought Leaders to Showcase How Pricing, Sales Effectiveness Drive Better Performance, Improve Customer Experience at PROS Outperform Europe 2 views
- Full-Service CRO CTI Broadens Use of Medidata Technology Platform for More Efficient, Higher Quality Clinical Trials 2 views
- Xplore Technologies Extends Contract with One of the World’s Largest Airlines 2 views
- Can Large Cap Stocks Lead the Way Higher? 1 view
- Full-Service CRO PROMETRIKA Expands Use of Medidata’s Cloud-Based Platform to Drive Cutting-Edge Clinical Development 1 view