Germany ZEW Economic Sentiment
|Latest Release:||16-12-2014 10:00:00|
|Next Release:||15-10-2013 09:00:00|
|Source:||Zentrum fÃ¼r EuropÃ¤ische Wirts...|
The euro edged higher against its US counterpart Wednesday amid stronger than forecast inflation data, but the gains were contained as the Federal Open Market Committee rate decision looms over the horizon.
The EUR/USD advanced 0.07 percent to 1.2966, easing off an intraday high of 1.2981. The pair, which has declined 3.2 percent over the past month, faces initial support at 1.2923 and resistance at 1.2997.
In economic data, Eurozone inflation was revised upward in August, the European Commission reported today. Eurozone consumer prices advanced 0.4 percent annually in August. A preliminary report released August 29 said consumer price growth had fallen to a five-year low of 0.3 percent.
So-called core inflation, which strips away volatile elements such as food and energy, increased at an annual rate of 0.9 percent.
Meanwhile, US consumer inflation declined in August for the first time since April 2013, the Labor Department reported today. Consumer prices declined 0.2 percent in August, which translated into an annual gain of 1.7 percent. Economists forecast an annual increase of 1.9 percent.
Core inflation was flat in August. Compared to year-ago levels, core prices were up 1.7 percent, official data showed.
Softer inflation is unlikely to deter the Federal Reserve from tapering bond purchases for the...
Forex » Euro stable as German, Eurozone investor...Posted Sep 16th, 2014 at 01:50 PM
The euro was little changed against the US dollar on Tuesday, as Eurozone investor sentiment continued to deteriorate this month in the face of an escalating sanctions war between the West and...
Forex » Euro Falls to New Lows on Weaker than Expected ZewPosted Aug 12th, 2014 at 01:13 PM
The EUR/USD made fresh lows on the much weaker than expected German ZEW sentiment reading. The currency pair made a fresh low for the move taking out support near 1.3340. Aside from the weaker than...
Forex » Sharp Drop In German SentimentPosted Aug 12th, 2014 at 11:01 AM
Todayâs ZEW indicators for both the Eurozone and itâs largest economy, Germany, have come in sharply lower as sentiment in the single currency bloc reaches a new long term low. The headline...
Business » Eurozone Investor Sentiment Likely Reflects...Posted Aug 12th, 2014 at 07:22 AM
Eurozone economic sentiment likely faltered this month, reflecting the consensus view the regionâs fragile recovery took a step back in the second quarter amid escalating geopolitical tensions....
|Forex Broker Spreads »|
|Most Popular Articles »|
- Judge Rhodes grants Detroit Chapter 9 protection 33 views
- Canadian dollar holds ground despite weak retail sales data 7 views
- The Eastern Company Retains Wells Fargo Securities as Financial Advisor to Assist the Board in Strategic Review 5 views
- Western Union Offers Apple PayTM as New Pay-In Option for Money Transfer Customers 3 views
- Enhancements to Lincoln Financial Group’s Term, Survivorship Indexed Universal Life Insurance Offerings Provide New Strategies for Achieving Goal-Based Outcomes 3 views
- Aussie edges higher ahead of RBA minutes 2 views
- Synovus CEO Joins Operation HOPE Panel 2 views
- First American Launches the All-New DataTree.com 2 views
- Hyatt Regency Tysons Corner Center Officially Opens 2 views
- Demandware Advances One Platform Strategy 1 view