Germany IFO - Business Climate
|Latest Release:||18-12-2014 09:00:00|
|Next Release:||25-10-2013 08:00:00|
Of the three speeches by central bank chiefs yesterday, only the Pound was moved significantly with some help from a worse than expected US Durable Goods Orders figure â rallying half a cent. Speeches by RBA Governor Glenn Stevens and ECB President Mario Draghi did not provide anything new for traders to get excited over, though Stevens did discuss macro-prudential controls as an alternative to interest rates to fight out of control housing speculation.
US data has been the main focus to close out a quiet week; New Home Sales surprised to the upside on Wednesday with a reading of 504,000 versus analyst expectations of 432,000; Durable Goods Orders conversely surprised to the downside, with a decline of 18.2% â the figure is not as bad as it appears, given that last month saw a large increase due to aircraft orders and the large month on month decline is strongly affected by this. There were no surprises in the employment data, with Unemployment Claims coming in as-expected at 293,000 in line with trend. US Final GDP will be announced tonight to round out the week; the...
Forex » Fall In German Consumer ConfidencePosted Sep 26th, 2014 at 07:49 AM
The consumer sector in Germany has further deteriorated according to the latest report from GFK. This GFK Consumer Confidence Survey for the month of October now stands at a level of 8.3, this is the...
Analysis and Opinion » Soft IFO Erodes Euro ConfidencePosted Sep 24th, 2014 at 10:53 AM
The EUR/USD is lower on Wednesday following the soft Ifo data, as yield continue to decline to record lows. The September Ifo confidence indicator slumped driven by a sharp decline in the...
Forex » Further Deterioration In German Business ConfidencePosted Sep 24th, 2014 at 09:27 AM
Sentiment in the Eurozoneâs largest economy is continuing to deteriorate according to the latest IFO data from Germany this morning. The September numbers show a fall in the headline IFO Business...
Analysis and Opinion » Euro Tumbles to 11-month Lows on Weak Sentiment DataPosted Aug 25th, 2014 at 11:39 AM
The EUR/USD currency pair hit a fresh low of 11-monht low 1.3184, and is poised to test support near the 2013 lows of 1.31. The European Central Bank President Mario Draghi acknowledged at the...
Analysis and Opinion » US Data in FocusPosted Aug 25th, 2014 at 09:06 AM
Markets may be lacklustre this week, with the news flow expected to be mainly ancillary data before a much more important news period in the following week. This week does see some important figures...
|Forex Broker Spreads »|
|Most Popular Articles »|
- Judge Rhodes grants Detroit Chapter 9 protection 33 views
- Canadian dollar holds ground despite weak retail sales data 7 views
- The Eastern Company Retains Wells Fargo Securities as Financial Advisor to Assist the Board in Strategic Review 5 views
- Enhancements to Lincoln Financial Group’s Term, Survivorship Indexed Universal Life Insurance Offerings Provide New Strategies for Achieving Goal-Based Outcomes 3 views
- Western Union Offers Apple PayTM as New Pay-In Option for Money Transfer Customers 3 views
- First American Launches the All-New DataTree.com 2 views
- Hyatt Regency Tysons Corner Center Officially Opens 2 views
- Aussie edges higher ahead of RBA minutes 2 views
- Synovus CEO Joins Operation HOPE Panel 2 views
- DRESSER-RAND SHAREHOLDER ALERT: Proposed Sale of Dresser-Rand Group Inc. under Investigation by Johnson & Weaver, LLP in Connection with the Proposed Sale of the Company to Siemens AG 1 view