Germany IFO - Current Assessment
|Latest Release:||18-12-2014 09:00:00|
|Next Release:||25-10-2013 08:00:00|
The consumer sector in Germany has further deteriorated according to the latest report from GFK. This GFK Consumer Confidence Survey for the month of October now stands at a level of 8.3, this is the second consecutive month that this gauge has fallen, the September reading was 8.6 and there was an expectation that todayâs number would be more in the region of 8.5.
The evidence now appearing of a softening in the domestic market does not bode well for a return to the recovery path for the Eurozoneâs largest economy. Earlier in the week the IFO surveys of current and future business conditions also continued on their downward trajectory suggesting that concerns among the state of the German recovery are growing more and more pervasive. It is this crumbling of the optimism in what has so far been the one of most solid and upbeat economyâs in Europe that is of the greatest concern for the overall Eurozone. So far however the downturn in domestic consumer and business outlook has not directly manifested itself in a noticeable fall in economic conditions but a failure to turn sentiment around could lead to actual economic damage as spending and investment are put on hold. Should these early warning signs...
Forex » Further Deterioration In German Business ConfidencePosted Sep 24th, 2014 at 09:27 AM
Sentiment in the Eurozoneâs largest economy is continuing to deteriorate according to the latest IFO data from Germany this morning. The September numbers show a fall in the headline IFO Business...
Analysis and Opinion » Euro Tumbles to 11-month Lows on Weak Sentiment DataPosted Aug 25th, 2014 at 11:39 AM
The EUR/USD currency pair hit a fresh low of 11-monht low 1.3184, and is poised to test support near the 2013 lows of 1.31. The European Central Bank President Mario Draghi acknowledged at the...
|Forex Broker Spreads »|
|Most Popular Articles »|
- Judge Rhodes grants Detroit Chapter 9 protection 33 views
- Canadian dollar holds ground despite weak retail sales data 7 views
- The Eastern Company Retains Wells Fargo Securities as Financial Advisor to Assist the Board in Strategic Review 5 views
- Western Union Offers Apple PayTM as New Pay-In Option for Money Transfer Customers 3 views
- Enhancements to Lincoln Financial Group’s Term, Survivorship Indexed Universal Life Insurance Offerings Provide New Strategies for Achieving Goal-Based Outcomes 3 views
- Aussie edges higher ahead of RBA minutes 2 views
- Synovus CEO Joins Operation HOPE Panel 2 views
- First American Launches the All-New DataTree.com 2 views
- Hyatt Regency Tysons Corner Center Officially Opens 2 views
- Demandware Advances One Platform Strategy 1 view