Germany IFO - Business Expectations
|Latest Release:||18-12-2014 09:00:00|
|Next Release:||25-10-2013 08:00:00|
Sterling is consolidating Thursdayâs gains after hitting a fresh two-year high versus the euro. The surge in Cable was prompted by Carney's remarks, which while overall quite balanced spelled out that a rate hike is "getting closer." Carney's comments contrasts with Draghi's "risk of doing too little outweigh risks for doing too much" speech this week.
The GBP/USD is consolidating around 1.6300, and is looking increasingly likely to be set for a period of broadly directionless trade in the low-to-mid 1.60s. Despite an economy that is robust, the interest rate differentials between the pound and the US are remaining stable. This also contrast with interest rate differentials between the UK and the Euro zone which is now widening even further.
Sentiment in Europe continues to fall, which was reflected again Friday. German GfK consumer confidence dropped to 8.3 in the October reading from 8.6 in September. This was a sharper than expected decline and likely reflects not only the negative economic headlines, but also the mounting uneasiness in Germany over the ECB's low interest rate policy and focus on crisis countries, which is hitting German savers.
This follows Thursdayâs weaker than expected IFO survey. The breakdown, which is only available until September shows a sharp drop in business expectations as...
Analysis and Opinion » Soft IFO Erodes Euro ConfidencePosted Sep 24th, 2014 at 10:53 AM
The EUR/USD is lower on Wednesday following the soft Ifo data, as yield continue to decline to record lows. The September Ifo confidence indicator slumped driven by a sharp decline in the...
Forex » Further Deterioration In German Business ConfidencePosted Sep 24th, 2014 at 09:27 AM
Sentiment in the Eurozoneâs largest economy is continuing to deteriorate according to the latest IFO data from Germany this morning. The September numbers show a fall in the headline IFO Business...
Analysis and Opinion » Euro Tumbles to 11-month Lows on Weak Sentiment DataPosted Aug 25th, 2014 at 11:39 AM
The EUR/USD currency pair hit a fresh low of 11-monht low 1.3184, and is poised to test support near the 2013 lows of 1.31. The European Central Bank President Mario Draghi acknowledged at the...
|Forex Broker Spreads »|
|Most Popular Articles »|
- Sterling Bounces After Solid Production and Retail Data 8 views
- GE Appliances and Keurig(R) Brew Up the Next Big Thing in Refrigeration 3 views
- New USG Packaging, Same Great USG Products 2 views
- On Assignment Closes Acquisition of Creative Circle 2 views
- Gilead Expands Hepatitis C Generic Licensing Agreements to Include Investigational Pan-Genotypic Agent 2 views
- ECA Medical Instruments Develops First Disposable Spinal Instrument Fixation Kit to Gain FDA Approval with Intelligent Implant Systems 2 views
- Guidance Software Awarded 5-Star Rating in CRN’s 2015 Partner Program Guide 1 view
- Zoetis to Participate in the 33rd Annual J.P. Morgan Healthcare Conference 1 view
- Mavenir Systems(R) Introduces IMS-PBX for Business Services 1 view
- Zoetis to Participate in Piper Jaffray 26th Annual Healthcare Conference 1 view