Greece Industrial Production - YoY
|Latest Release:||10-12-2014 10:00:00|
|Next Release:||09-04-2014 09:00:00|
|Source:||Hellenic Statistical Authority|
There is no sign of the weakness abating in Greeceâs Industrial sector as evidenced by this morningâs production data. The year on year Industrial Production figures for June have a yielded a fifth straight month of contraction in the sector. At -2.1% there was some improvement on Juneâs revised -5.4% but markets were hoping to see growth or around 3.6% on the month. The manufacturing subsector however is beginning to perform, the latest July figure showed that this expanded by 2.3% year on year recovering from Juneâs 3.6% contraction. It is the mining and electricity production components that are dragging down the overall Industrial numbers, these have contracted by 15.4% and 12.2% respectively.
Despite the struggling industrial aspect of the economy there are signs that the overall economic situation is improving in this crises hit country. The Government are predicting positive GDP growth in the third quarter of this year, this would represent the first recording of expansion since 2008. Prime Minister, Antonis Samaras, noted that âin the third quarter of 2014, the Greek economy will register growth for the first time in 24 quartersâ. The overall growth for 2014 is now being forecast in the region of 0.6%, this follows a contraction of 1.1% and 0.3% in the first two quarters respectively.
Greece is still bearing a public debt level of 175% of GDP and is likely to seek further debt relief early next year, this may be...
|Forex Broker Spreads »|
|Most Popular Articles »|
- German Retail Sales Increase at Sharpest Rate in 7 years 7 views
- Humana At Home Acquires Your Home Advantage 5 views
- Tempt In-Store Productions Brings Extreme Retail to 2014 Shopper Marketing Conference & Expo 4 views
- Synchrony Financial and MEGA Group USA Extend Consumer Financing Agreement 4 views
- US Dollar Gains Traction Against the Yen 3 views
- Italian Business Confidence Falls 2 views
- John Cummings Joins Mercer’s Executive Rewards Practice in Chicago from Aon Hewitt 2 views
- Orbital Selected by Yahsat to Build Al Yah 3 Communications Satellite 2 views
- UK retail sales unexpectedly drop in October 2 views
- Eurozone Inflation Falls Again 2 views