Japan GDP Growth Annualized - Final
|Latest Release:||12-02-2015 23:50:00|
|Next Release:||08-06-2014 23:50:00|
The euro was under pressure on Tuesday, setting a fresh 14-month low against the US dollar before consolidating above 1.29 US, as a dearth of economic data kept investors speculating about monetary policy.
The euro-to-dollar exchange rate fell to an intraday low of 1.2860. The pair would subsequently consolidate at 1.2917, advancing 0.16 percent. Initial support is likely found at 1.2864. On the upside, resistance is ascending ta 1.2943.
The dollar was supported on Monday after the Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco said investors may be underestimating how quickly interest rates will rise.
âAn ongoing concern has been that the public might misconstrue the Fedâs forward guidance about future monetary policy and underappreciate the extent to which short-term interest rates may vary with future news about the economy,â said San Francisco Fed researchers Jens H.E. Christensen and Simon Kwan.
âEvidence based on surveys, market expectations, and model estimates show that the public seems to expect a more accommodative policy than Federal Open Market Committee participants. The public also may be less uncertain about these forecasts than policymakers.â
The central bank, eager to unwind its record bond buying program in October, is considering raising interest rates sooner than initially forecast. Earlier this year Fed Chair Janet Yellen said the first rate hike could materialize six months after the end of quantitative easing. Although she later retracted her comments, the latest batches of economic data reinforce the view the central bank could...
|Forex Broker Spreads »|
|Most Popular Articles »|
- Federal Reserve maintains pace of record stimulus as FOMC meetings draw to a close 4 views
- Jazz Pharmaceuticals and Concert Pharmaceuticals Provide JZP-386 Program Update 4 views
- Accenture Improves Position in “Leaders” Quadrant of Gartner’s Magic Quadrant for North American Life Insurance Policy Administration Systems 4 views
- Yum! Brands’ World Hunger Relief Effort with Global Spokesperson Christina Aguilera Named Top Cause-Related Campaign by Two Prestigious Communication Organizations 3 views
- Schlage(R) Announces New Features, Customizable User Experience for Wink App 2 views
- Constant Contact Announces First Quarter 2015 Financial Results 2 views
- Rocket Fuel Completes First Integration Milestone of the Origin DMP Platform 2 views
- Slippage Evident In Portugal’s Current Account Balance 2 views
- Growth Slows In Polish Manufacturing Sector 2 views
- Introducing Connect IQTM: The First-Ever Open Platform for Garmin(R) Wearables 1 view