United Kingdom CBI Industrial Trends Survey/Orders - MoM
|Latest Release:||18-09-2014 10:00:00|
|Next Release:||23-10-2013 10:00:00|
|Source:||Confederation of British Industry|
The GBP/USD moved higher on Thursday and is holding on to gains as Scotland's historic referendum on independence gets underway. Results will start to come through from early Friday morning. Analysts are expecting "no to independence" will eventually win out as negative economic consequences and the lure of fresh devolution pledges should do they persuade the portion of voters who do not hold a clear-cut opinion. The gains in the pound come despite a weaker than expected CBI Trend survey, and a robust Retail Sales report.
The U.K. CBI industrial trends survey came in much weaker than expected in September, plunging to a -4 reading in the total orders headline. Export orders drove the overall drop, falling to -24 from -3 in August, reflecting the stagnation in the Eurozone economy. The minutes to the September BoE MPC meeting, released yesterday, revealed that committee members have placed downside risk to growth projections into year-end.
Consumer spending continues to hold up as was reflected by a solid retail sales report. U.K. August retail sales recovered from July weakness, rising 0.4% month over month, matching the consensus forecast, and 3.9% year over year, which is the best since April. This fitted the picture already painted by the private BRC retail sector survey....
Forex » UK Industrial Sentiment DropsPosted Sep 18th, 2014 at 10:35 AM
The Confederation of British Industry (CBI) has just released details of this monthâs Industrial Trends Survey for Orders. The index has taken a surprise plunge on the month to read at -4 compared...
Forex » UK Industrial Orders Rise SharplyPosted Aug 20th, 2014 at 10:24 AM
The Confederation of British Industry has announced a sharp rise in itâs Industrial Trends Total Orders indicator for the month of August. In what is a strong sign that the UKâs manufacturing...
|Forex Broker Spreads »|
|Most Popular Articles »|
- 2014 FORTUNE 50 Retailer Says Hello to PAR SureCheck(R) 4 views
- Jazz Pharmaceuticals and Concert Pharmaceuticals Provide JZP-386 Program Update 4 views
- VeriFone Expands Point-to-Point Encryption Services to UK 2 views
- Morgan Stanley Global Stock Plan Services Launches StockPlan Connect 1 view
- German Investor Confidence Unexpectedly Falls in January: ZEW 1 view
- Rockland Trust Arrives in Boston, Welcomes Peoples Federal Savings Customers 1 view
- S&P 500 sets new record as Fed speculation deepens 1 view
- Synchrony Financial and MEGA Group USA Extend Consumer Financing Agreement 1 view
- Republic Bank Comes to Glassboro, Begins New Store Construction to Open in December 2014 1 view
- Syrian tensions drive currency markets 1 view